my absolute poker account goes awry sometimes (does this happen to anyone else?)

M

mato2

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
my AP account goes bad and wont let me register for games.
I have to wipe it clean off of my computer and reload. this seems to work.
I wonder what causes this...

Dr of Golf

Dr of Golf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have problems with Absolute, too. During games, when we get down to the final table, the software seems to really lag. Sounds of chips and cards are heard and then it takes forever for the cards to appear. Thought it was my old computer and dialup network that I had so I went and bought a brand new computer (just for poker sites) and got Road Runner cable. Thought that would solve the problem but it didn't. Still lags at the final table.

Hopefully, they'll get bigger and better servers soon and maybe some better software.

Although, as a last bit on Absolute ..... I did win one of the Cardschat freerolls there. :D :D :D

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolute is a fun site, but there's definately something funky going on there. The game bogs down sometimes, and yesterday i got skipped over for one hand. Just didn't deal me any cards. I felt like I was being punished for losing an all-in on the hand before even though I still had 250 in chips.

DESSERTLADY

DESSERTLADY

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I noticed that UB does this also. When you have playing for long periods of time it really lags bad. I did figure out with some help from my 13 yr old son that if choose options and turn off the sounds that it sure helps the situation on UB anyways. Sometimes if it gets really bad I have to get out of the game and reboot the computer. Hope this helps.

missy71

missy71

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When i log on, its okay. But when I try to register for a freeroll, the registration button dissappears. They told me to move my clock back or forward an hour. That helped for a bit, but now it is the same, no registration button. But I did register for the cardschat freeroll yesterday and it worked. So see you all playing cards, and good luckto all.

Dr of Golf

Dr of Golf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
missy71 said:
When i log on, its okay. But when I try to register for a freeroll, the registration button dissappears. They told me to move my clock back or forward an hour. That helped for a bit, but now it is the same, no registration button. But I did register for the cardschat freeroll yesterday and it worked. So see you all playing cards, and good luckto all.

Missy, if you have the time ... you should "Uninstall/Remove" the Absolute Program and anything with Absolute in (do a search after the uninstall/remove selection) and then re-download the software from Absolute.

Make sure you Restart your computer AFTER you uninstall/remove all of Absolute, and then again after you download a fresh copy. This may clear it up for you ... it did for me on my other computer.

Hope this may help you, too. :)

missy71

missy71

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks I will try that. Good poker playing also.

missy71

missy71

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks alot Doc, It helped now I can keep playing their freerolls.

Dr of Golf

Dr of Golf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Glad to hear it worked out for you.

See ya' at the tables. :)

P

Poker Player 100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes it happens to me to..for any site.

maybe becuz theres alot of players and i have dialup?

E

eponine0927

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes Absolute just freezes up on me. It seems to help if I close the room I'm in, go to the tourney lobby and select the table I was in, and click 'view table'. Then I'm back in.