Can a dealer pass information on the table ?

K

Kimchi28

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Can a dealer passes informations when asked on the table ? Informations such as "who was raiser","how much was the bets on x streets?", "was its a re-struddle( after subseqent action )"?

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Can a dealer passes informations when asked on the table ? Informations such as "who was raiser","how much was the bets on x streets?", "was its a re-struddle( after subseqent action )"?
I think it depends on the kind of information and the house rules. I have asked many times "who raised this?", sometimes rhetorically and sometimes not. The answer was always forthcoming whether from the dealer or the other players, so that one's OK AFAIK. In a No Limit game it is definitely not OK to answer the question "how much is in the pot?". A dealer will never answer this question (he is not allowed) and if a player answers, he will be admonished (with possible penalty) by the dealer. "Was it a restraddle" after subsequent action, is probably OK. I'd be less certain about that after the person who is asking has acted. "How much was the bet on X street" is just kind of a dumb question (especially if you have called that bet) that I think most people would be embarrassed to ask, so I've never heard it.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My answer is the raiser is the guy with chips out in front of him!

I have seen dealers simply spread the pot out a little bit in NL so the asker can visually see approximately how much is in the pot.

Playing Omaha hilo when I was just starting out I asked the dealer if there is a possible low. She laughed and said that she couldn't tell me. I said, "Really?" and a regular seated at the table was more than happy to tell me and then watched to see my reaction. LOL

Pay attention....you're playing poker for money!

Good luck !

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the only information is the entry and in my opinion you do not need more than that good luck greetings:damnmate:

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think only the basic stuff, like how much the bet is if you can't see it clearly. Never heard them say anything about actions on previous streets (but to be fair nor did I ever hear that question to begin with).

As for the question how much is in the pot though, is there a reason that that isn't allowed? Obviously you should be able to tell it yourself, but why isn't it allowed to tell anyone this?

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As long as you don't use it to slow the game or bully other players just to tilt them, i think that a logic question can be accepted.