4 Hours Late Registration in ACR event

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow - I happened to come across a tournament yesterday at Americas Cardroom that had 4 hours of late registration (40 levels X 6 mins/level), actually more I think due to breaks. I joined close to the cutoff and immediately felt sorry for anyone who had started 4 hours earlier.

It still ended up going an additional 4 hours!

And here's the kicker - it was only 11 cents buy-in. If you're interested, search on "GTD - Freezeout". There are others at higher buy-ins as well:

78e39bcd050a80eaa9c436414b8fbbf8.png

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yeah I don't think I would sign up at the beginning for a tourney like that, unless you've played them in the past you have no idea how long it's going to run. For 11 cents you might as well join late and donk a few hands to see if you can double up quickly.

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really don't know why people play tournaments with 2 or more hours of late registration.For me 15 to 30 minutes of late registration is more than enough to register at any tournament.When late registration was first introduced a few years ago it was OK,because it was usually 10 or 15 minutes,but now it's ridiculous and especially because this tournament is only $50 GTD.

V

valts102

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never wil play tournament like this:D

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I would not like to play it, the prize is too small to be playing for so long.

N

ntf1125

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It´s too long. I dislike late registration. Becuase it´s such as endless to eliminate players.

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I skip more and more the first levels of a tournament. The good thing is I only need to know 20-30 big blind poker and not 100 bb or more. And a lot of it is meaningless play for micro pots. Or you often have a rollercoaster and after 3-4 hours you will finaly have the same stack as the late registrant (but a lot more work and time invested and life risked).

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
That's one recent gripe I have with ACR tournaments as I've started to play in more of them lately. Way too many of them have longer than 2HR late registration. I almost never play 4HR LR, whether it be from the beginning or as a last-minute join where I'd be at a big disadvantage versus those people who have been able to build up a stack being in the tournament from the beginning.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mate.4hr late reg for $50 prize pool?? No way!.It´s a waste of time .

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this late registration is already too much for a $ 50 guaranteed prize. And anyway. :D

alexand8r

alexand8r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to meet 2 hours of late check-in and thought it was too much. But today I saw 4 hours! My brain will go crazy if I will wait 4 hours for the opponents to leave the tournament due to the loss of chips :D

Costy69

Costy69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4 hour late reg

ACR need to get rid of 4 hour lat reg. The play on ACR is already bad enough. There is no need for 4 hour late reg.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
4 hours of late registartion , Playing from the start , playing your A+ game , then sb comes in 3:50 of late reg , shoves ATC , steals chips once or more form you that way , drives you insane or on tilt , 4 hours to waste , so far my story .

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like ACR but I dont play there . The main turned down is exactly that ,just because most if their tournaments are guaranteed so they wanna make there is no overlay.
4 hours late registration + multiples re-entries will not help you as a player. It only helps those with deep pockets. Even if ,say I knock out a player couple times,he will keep re-entering till he hit a streak and knock me out.
ACR ans cie (ya poker and blackchip) will never get to be popular as pokerstars

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played one of these from the beginning. I actually spent most of my time sitting out once I had built up a nice stack. This is not for the faint of heart, which is why I am not planning on doing this more than once a week. I think it is good for practice for when I plan on playing big tournaments. Considering I am only playing with money won in a freeroll, it is there for that. I came in the top 30 and still barely won anything. I had a bad beat with someone deciding to match my all in with a worse hand with the flop. He ended up with a straight he had to have runner runner to get. It is only worth it if you plan on trying to build your endurance. That said, it is capped at 300, so people have to start playing before the cap is met. I was looking at possible games and the LR is ridiculous for any reason other than that.