Zach Gensler breaks Phil Laak's Guinness World Record for the longest poker session

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Zach Gensler sat down at a poker table in the new Resorts World poker room on October 27 at precisely 3 p.m. and did not leave the table till November 1! Zach had been working toward breaking Phil Laak's Guinness World Record for the Longest Poker Session and was indeed successful in breaking that record.
CardsChat contributor, Chris Wallace, got a chance to sit down with the new Guinness World Record holder for the Longest Poker Session, Zach Gensler.

Read all about it here >>> Zach Gensler Breaks Phil Laak’s World Record In 5-Day Marathon Cash Game Session

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
Zach Gensler sat down at a poker table in the new Resorts World poker room on October 27 at precisely 3 p.m. and did not leave the table till November 1! Zach had been working toward breaking Phil Laak's Guinness World Record for the Longest Poker Session and was indeed successful in breaking that record.
CardsChat contributor, Chris Wallace, got a chance to sit down with the new Guinness World Record holder for the Longest Poker Session, Zach Gensler.

Read all about it here >>> Zach Gensler Breaks Phil Laak’s World Record In 5-Day Marathon Cash Game Session

What the H^^^
I thought I was going to break that in the future:(

Now I have to train harder and do longer sessions here....:joyman::joyman::joyman:

No worries:D

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I wouldn't begin to know how a person could train for something like this...I value my sleep! :p :D

S

shopwert

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why? Were there any rules? Stake requirements? How long were the bathroom breaks? Was it a winning session? Was it just one big chip dump all for the sake of a record?

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Why? Were there any rules? Stake requirements? How long were the bathroom breaks? Was it a winning session? Was it just one big chip dump all for the sake of a record?

There may be some answers to your questions in the linked article in the very first post.

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is one record I would never go for, even if somebody gave me a reward for it.

I have noticed in my long life, that EVERY SINGLE TIME I skip a night's sleep, my body comes down "sick" in the next few days... and that is because our immune systems seem to depend heavily on sleep. Sleep is when our body heals its injuries. Sleep recharges all the chemical systems of the body. Going with out a night's sleep is extremely unhealthy in my opinion, and I won't ever do it again unless there is some emergency and I absolutely have to.

I'm sure we've all missed a night's sleep at some point, for many of us it was probably in university, the classic phrase is "pulling an all-nighter", to study for exams ("cramming for exams")... and that next day, I am like a zombie, walking around in a fog. I think it is actually dangerous to skip ONE night's sleep, and this guy skipped 4 or 5? Madness... which I bet he was by the end of it. No idea how he was able to function, but the article does say he lost most of his losses in the last few hours of his marathon, he was profitable up to that point. I am not surprised.

An interesting read, thanks for posting, but I hope nobody ever gets inspired to do this sort of thing... especially in this modern "fear" era where highly functioning immune system is critically important. People like Laak or Gensler should be viewed more like daredevils, because in my opinion they took a huge risk to their health, and for what? To "set a Guinness World Record"? I view that as pure ego-driven. It's one thing to try and "challenge ourselves" - I am ALL for that attitude... but to challenge ourselves while harming our health, that's just dumb in my book.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everybody!
What a trained body is not capable of. Once I did not sleep for a week, I started hallucinations from drinking strong tea, and to play at the same time, there was no question of it. And how did he cheer himself up? There was no talk about this in the article. I admire this game.

hubcio96

hubcio96

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
some records are worth of breaking - some, I'm not sure. Why? to show you are better at something, but choose something "honorable" not how long can I punish myself. IMO.

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
I wouldn't begin to know how a person could train for something like this...I value my sleep! :p :D

My longest live session was 62 hours:D without sleep.
Me and another guy together.
The others went home rested and came back later and other players came and went:)

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This is not something I would ever do nor would I recommend it. Sleep deprivation is a real thing and as Alizona stated, it can do all kinds of crazy things to your body including altering your immune system, etc.

This challenge is definitely not for most people. :)

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.I would never do that in my life,To be honest, I don´t see anything good in that new Guinness World Record.I try to sleep well after my online sessions(never played live).Unfortunately,there have been some sessions that have lasted until midnight (I usually play poker until 10pm) and I have had headaches the next day.Sleep well, mates.

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
This is not something I would ever do nor would I recommend it. Sleep deprivation is a real thing and as Alizona stated, it can do all kinds of crazy things to your body including altering your immune system, etc.

This challenge is definitely not for most people. :)

Forgot to mention that it also was a hefty7 winning session of mine.
They TOUGHT tiredness had caughten up to me:D:D:D

But alas that was back in 2014.
In this time era now with the covid situation and all it is not quite advisable to do these stunts.
And back then i didn't have the Brady bunch:D:D:D
:date::damnmate::damnmate:

IXIX

IXIX

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmmm

So I’ve actually experienced staying up longer than 72 hours before but with the help of illegal substances before in my past I wasn’t playing poker but from what I remember or not remember is that the hallucinations or shadow people as I would call them can really f*** with you 😂 plus staying up that long should make you more irritable 😡 so playing heads up the whole time probably was more of a disadvantage for him in the later stages it’s probably why he ended up with a losing session. I also can understand why after the challenge none of the record breakers want to do it again 😂 also drugs are bad and stay in school 😂