Can you become a winning poker player in 30 days?

laifstaile

laifstaile

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just finished reading the book first time...i am sure on my kindle i will read it again...
thank you guys for pointers and strategy advises...

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
opinion

Poker is the same profession as any other. It takes time and practice to master any profession. All this together forms years. Therefore, I am very sorry for those who come to poker with the intention of quickly mastering the business and making a lot of money. This is a lot of work and patience.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I doubt it. See the problem with these poker courses in my opinion is this:

While the rules of the game might be the same, the game is completely different based of different factors, and they never focus on that. For example the stakes you play. The micros are hard because people don't care as much about the money because it's a few bucks so they have these huge ranges, going all in sometimes on almost anything. 9 handed full ring is totally different then 6 max. All these pro's talk about "bankroll management". So if they're telling you to then start at the micros, but teaching you how to play at higher stakes, it makes no sense.

These course should be set up like "how to become a winning player at 6 max micros", and teach specifically that.
I agree.

You can become a reasonable poker player in 30 days.

TCHUCO2005

TCHUCO2005

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
man, you make the choices, which courses, how to play, if you make mistakes the fault is yours, your opponents analyzed you better. Losing is part of the game, keep losing and always losing ... so you better stop and analyze yourself.

Wrathchild

Wrathchild

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I enjoyed this course, however, the last day is titled "The Ten Biggest Keys To Winning At Poker" when it was actually just the final "exam." So perhaps it should be labeled as such?

Split

Split

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is possible, but not for everyone, only a few achieve it
I could, but I'm lazy ((

J

Jutt315

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IDK

you can learn a lot in 30 days but I dont think that you can master poker in 30 days. it takes years and a lot of people never master the game

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NO and especially not today, holy crap!!!! maybe back in that golden age everyone keeps referring to

O

over_big

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I check it out over the next few days.
So just looking at the youtube clip, this is the kind of thing I'm talking about. To me, that's way to in depth and extensive for someone playing in 6 max micros. That's a lot of work and reading to see if you can improve in games that cost a buck or two. Also, again, to me it's implied that it's designed for full ring games as most courses are, but 6 max is completely different.

Hi C_mac

So, it's been a couple of months now since you posted that you'd take a look at the course.

I'm wondering if you ever got time to make it through?

If so, did your opinion change at all?

Last edited:
Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
em 30 dias e dificel acredito que voce pode adquirir conhecimento nesse tempo e no poker so isto nao basta

Dear friend,
You've forgotten to use the translator. Not a big problem. That happens!:)

Regards

C

C_mac

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi C_mac

So, it's been a couple of months now since you posted that you'd take a look at the course.

No I did not unfortunately. Was to lazy...lol.

C

C_mac

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi C_mac

No I did not unfortunately. Was to lazy...lol. Maybe I should have though because I blew the last of my bankroll this week.

dartwind

dartwind

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going to give it a try starting today. I'll post what I think after.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Wow! I just found this material, started to go through it.
I am eager to improve my game! I am sure i have lots to learn from it. Thank you