WSOP Main Event Begins with 13 Other Bracelet Tournaments Still to Play

madjek

madjek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WSOP Main Event Begins with 13 Other Bracelet Tournaments Still to Play

With many tournaments having not completed, the Main Event is underway today.

As Kenny Hallaert has suggested, do you think there is a bit of a scheduling issue?
I'd say so. Maybe its more the number of tournaments total. Makes it hard not to have lots of overlap. I know if I ever get chance to go it would be smaller buyins with hopes of making enough to get in the main event. So those left to play after main event wouldn't be considered for me

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the Main Event should start after the other events are done. It seems as if they have packed the schedule with too many tournaments.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess it gives people something else to play if they bust out.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think the Main Event should start after the other events are done. It seems as if they have packed the schedule with too many tournaments.

I don't think there's too many, I just believe they could be spaced out a bit more.

This ^ for sure.

Duraphig

Duraphig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I kind of dislike that some of the other tournaments aren't complete before the main event starts, but I do think that there should be events to play after the main event starts.

This is the main reason why I think they should have events after the main event starts. I think they should be smaller events though that pros wouldn't mind missing out on.

Considering the main event will probably last about two weeks you probably have a place to stay booked for two weeks and an airplane ticket for after the main event ends. If you bust out early that is a lot of time you need to wait to leave. This gives those people a chance to still play some smaller tournaments during their stay. With the amount of money people spend to go and stay, let alone play, it would suck to bust out day one without having another tournament or two you could play in.

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Btw, Ryan ended up 32nd in PL08 event, dunno the number, finished last night ...

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Btw, Ryan ended up 32nd in PL08 event, dunno the number, finished last night ...

Yeah, saw the PL08 finish for him. Another cash!

What was the other event, Dejange? Do you remember?

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always thought the MAIN EVENT should be the finale.
I come to vegas to WATCH the main event never even daring to dream
of playing in it. so it might be nice to watch main event, get the
fever and then have some nice tournaments to play in :)

you can please all of the people some of the time
and some of the people all of the time
but you can't please all of the people all of the time :)

WSOP