WSOP 2021 Main Event Update (and other WSOP events)

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Congratulations to Aldemir on the win , he really deserved it , won this massive prize of 8.000.000 $ , double the money than the second place . And ofcourse history remembers only the winner almost always .

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aldemir really deserved the win , I watched all of the main event and he really played great thru the entire event

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
$8M for 10 days grind, awesome, Congrats Aldemir hope you stop by CardsChat podcast

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes, you obviously read that same poker forum I was referring too. :) How in the heck I confused "Chance Kornuth" with "Koray Aldemir", I have no idea myself... and I still feel horrible that I did it.

Thanks to everyone for your understanding, I greatly appreciate people questioning my post which is how I finally realized what I had done. Thanks for speaking out and defending Koray!!!!

Hey no sweat at all. And yah I just had a funny feeling when I first read your post that you may have been referring to Chance Kornuth.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My two favorites are Ole Schemion and Steffen Sontheimer .

Ole (wizowizo online at Stars) is a huge chip leader in Event #79 with final table to be shown tomorrow on PokerGO!
He was (is) one of my faves to rail online. Great player!

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Ole (wizowizo online at Stars) is a huge chip leader in Event #79 with final table to be shown tomorrow on PokerGO!

Brilliant- thanks for getting me up to speed regarding Schemion as I have not been able to follow anything this week in real time!

I had no idea about this (his playing)so it is a really nice surprise!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Ambassadors from 888 Poker have captured the World Series of Poker 2021. I noticed the distinctive 888 stripes on at least two players at the final table.:)

How long do you think they've been representatives for 888Poker? I don't know for sure but I'd hazard a guess at oh... maybe a few days.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How long do you think they've been representatives for 888Poker? I don't know for sure but I'd hazard a guess at oh... maybe a few days.
I think that choosing an attribute representative for such popular events entails large-scale marketing consequences. Even if it's a couple of days.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

And Ole Schemion takes it down!!

For those interested PokerGO has released the entire final table on You Tube

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that choosing an attribute representative for such popular events entails large-scale marketing consequences. Even if it's a couple of days.

My understanding is - especially for "unknown players" - such deals to wear a patch are made less than an hour before they sit down at the table. They negotiate a payment, sign some paperwork and pin the patch on their shirt. Easy bonus money!!

It would be nice if someone with knowledge of this process would comment on how it all works and how much money they usually get... CardsChat does have a number of pros such as Dara O'Kearny, Collin Moshman and Katie Dozier, and two popular players I didn't even realize, Jeff Gross and Ryan "protentialmn" LaPlante. Maybe a mod can ask one of them to comment on it!

W

WJMKAM

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the updates on wsop main event. It is interesting to look back at how the players moved around in the standings between the different days.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I do not know ,

Should Holmes have bet on the flop ,
and after Aldemirs' 3 bet check raise , should he have called with KQ on this dry for him board ??
It seems very loose play for HU WSOP Main Event ...

Then this K comes on the turn .

Fate .....

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
$250,000 Super High Roller Final Table | World Series of Poker 2021

The stream began roughly 15 minutes ago and will last for the rest of the hour on YouTube. Adrian Mateos takes a huge chip lead into the final five of this $250,000 No Limit Hold'em event.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
628e1c1a37b51764997d6639b079e1cf.png

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Adrian Mateos, another Euro beast.

It's been quite odd to see some of the reactions elsewhere when European players have succeeded at this WSOP. Yes, most can be written off as pretty immature forum/You Tube style comments. But Aldemir, Schemion and now Matoes have all been critiqued in one way and another and I will admit it has grated on me at times.

It seems to stem from a lack of familiarity (Captain Obvious reporting for duty) and if a Euro centric player has not based himself primarily in the US there seems to be a 'can you believe this guy?' take to it all...and that is being polite.

Even the likes of Brent Hanks and Ali Nejad seemed to need to reassure watchers (themselves?) that Schemion was a force, had a huge tourney winnings and had earned over seven figures a year since 2013.

The reality in most cases is quite simple. Most Europeans can jump online and enter live events at 18 years of age. They have online, the EPT as well as domestic tours available to play in. They have a three year head start before even discussing talent regarding their games.

Most know who Chidwick or Mateos are but dip a little into the European talent pool and people will realize how deep it runs.

I realized I had a certain bias a few years ago watching Asian players, in the main through the recently established Triton series. As the founder members were billionaires, I got the impression most Asian players were loose and unsophisticated. Did not take long to be disavowed of the notion. Though I still think it fair to say Asians generally do like a gamble, there appear to be a lot of sophisticated players rising through the ranks as poker's reach broadens. And once they start taking down chamionships and bracelets I do not believe it will be because they have 'luck-boxed' their way to a win.

Well done Adrian Mateos.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Just wanted to give a big thumbs up to the WSOP website itself - it would seem many of us have followed along via their site.

Few could keep tabs all on the entire series in real time so it ended up being an invaluable resource to keep abreast of everything in the most timely manner, to find results of any and all tournaments.

Kudos to the WSOP.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
So the two $50,000 high rollers (PLO and NLHE) have produced some interesting play particularly from Negreanu...and Helmuth needs a mention.

It finally seemed to sink into Negreanu at the $250K high roller that perhaps he needed to ease up on the vlogging and concentrate a little more on the poker. It did not pay off in that event but it has in the next two 50Ks.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Dara O'Kearney currently sitting in 3rd of 13 remaining in Event #86 Super Turbo NLHE

P.S. check CC thread... 'super turbos do not take skill. They are a lottery' ;)

GL GL

(note the patch on his shirt!)

Attachments

• ScreenHunter 5569.jpg
    ScreenHunter 5569.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 18
Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Koray Aldemir, as he became the chip leader, did not retreat a single step. The hand of 10s7s against Holmes has already made its way into the history of the world of poker.

WSOP