WSOP 2012

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The wsop is underway! This year the final table of each event, with the exception of the Main Event and a few others, is being streamed live on www.wsop.com.

Last night I watched Event #2 up until Vanessa Selbst went out in 4th place--so close to taking a title and breaking a 4-year bracelet draught for women.

One tip about the Live Stream--you can fortunately skip the download to Vettle TV and go on to view it right from the website. Such a good thing because I didn't want to deal with yet another download.

I love our yearly CC conversations about this spectacular series and so look forward to following this one with everyone!

xUnrated

xUnrated

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
watching the hu event right now, im liking this

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're welcome, guys. :) What's really cool is tonight we not only have 2 tables to watch but also there's commentary too, which they didn't have last night. Makes the games much richer, imo.

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for posting this, Lark.

What happens if I get a sudden crazy for beef jerky... ;-)

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haven't been checking out the WSOP yet this year yet but will do now. Thanks Lark.

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
eyeballs engaged. :cool:

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was watching some of this live last night - that hu lasted forever lol.

S

stg1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont watch it now they dont show the hole cards... whats with that, i'd rather they delayed it longer, a whole day if necessary... its boring when you cant see the hole cards.. IMO

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who win the HU in the end? coz i was watching for a while ha

Extreme Fishing

Extreme Fishing

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the heads up mate!

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont watch it now they dont show the hole cards... whats with that, i'd rather they delayed it longer, a whole day if necessary... its boring when you cant see the hole cards.. IMO

Makes it a lot more fun imo. If you wanna see hole cards, they show them on the WSOP shows that air on ESPN. I loved the November 9 last year with no hole cards, made it a lot more fun trying to work out what was going on.

S

stg1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Makes it a lot more fun imo. If you wanna see hole cards, they show them on the WSOP shows that air on ESPN. I loved the November 9 last year with no hole cards, made it a lot more fun trying to work out what was going on.

Yeah i can see it from that side as well, of course, but you miss out other things, i guess its swings and roundabouts, just a matter of personal preference.

P

poker d player

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone know when TV coverage will start this year. (I assume ESPN will cover it. )

R

Ranny

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hopefully year of the brits, started well last year, lets do better this year.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

I can see it from both sides, here. Seeing the hole cards gets exciting, because you're wondering if a certain player will call, fold, or raise with the hand they have and you try to figure out why they play a certain way, and you think about what you would do in that position.

On the other side, not seeing the hole cards let's you guess what they have and are playing with, and that's fun, too.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Andy Bloch & Barry Greenstein sitting 1st & 2nd of 3left Event #7 $1500 Stud.

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Still going on. At first I didn't recognize Andy without his hat on. :) Who's the guy in the middle? Steve something.

smokeme

smokeme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
coool dint know they had this. thot u can only watch on espn. im guessin its over? nobodys at the table no more

WSOP