smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would pay only what it is worth in gold nothing more, because I would have it melted down and made into something worth wearing.

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I thought I could flip it for quick cash- yeah I'd buy it.
A '99 Omaha, won by WHO? Exactly.
IDK, highly doubt scrap comes close to 50k and the cool factor....eh, medium at best.
I'd pay 50k in a second for the 2018 WSOP main event bracelet. -- have to shuffle some things around but- YES- could get 50k quick if you got it and are interested :)
I'm sure there's guys out there wiling to pay much more than that.

Jostens are NICE- they make the superbowl rings too :)

So ,,, would I buy this guys '99 Omaha trinket for 50k? Nope. No way.
But hey- someone might.
And, if he needs the $ and the other party wants a bracelet they didn't win and likely can't resell for a profit. Eh- power to both. Enjoy :)

ACEWOLF56

ACEWOLF56

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rather pay $10K and try to win it. I don’t think it makes any sense buying one from someone else who has WON it already. That’s coming from a poker player perspective. But I’m sure people would buy it thinking it will gain more value as the history of poker grows.

Kanetuck

Kanetuck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No way. Only way I would ever buy one would be if what I paid for it was less than it's value melted down.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

The year it was won seems to be the key. It was the last year of the twentieth century.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have to have a lot of extra money laying around. I would never pass it off as mine. have him sign it and display it maybe. It would be worth more to me if it was one of my favorite players.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Why buy a trophy? It's a symbol of an accomplishment. Unless you look at it as a piece of art?

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
“Captain” Tom Franklin won his first and only WSOP bracelet in a 1999 $2,500 limit Omaha tournament for $104,000. He now hopes to get nearly half that cash – $50,000 – for the gold piece of jewelry from a buyer on eBay.

What are the odds he can actually sell the coveted WSOP bracelet for $50k?

‘Captain’ Tom Franklin Attempts to Sell 1999 WSOP Bracelet on eBay for $50K

Well, they do say there is one born every minute & some of em end up with money, but my guess would be slim & none & slim has already left town.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No. I wouldn't buy it. Odds he can actually sell it for $50k maybe.

H

hedonist

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I thought I could flip it for quick cash- yeah I'd buy it.
A '99 Omaha, won by WHO? Exactly.
IDK, highly doubt scrap comes close to 50k and the cool factor....eh, medium at best.
I'd pay 50k in a second for the 2018 WSOP main event bracelet. -- have to shuffle some things around but- YES- could get 50k quick if you got it and are interested :)
I'm sure there's guys out there wiling to pay much more than that.

Jostens are NICE- they make the superbowl rings too :)

So ,,, would I buy this guys '99 Omaha trinket for 50k? Nope. No way.
But hey- someone might.
And, if he needs the $ and the other party wants a bracelet they didn't win and likely can't resell for a profit. Eh- power to both. Enjoy :)

What's so great about the 2018 series?

SrWesleiNF

SrWesleiNF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
would not pay, and if I won, depending on the situation I would sell. I would have it as part of a good story I would tell my grandchildren and family. More will know the real

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it was 100 years later and games like poker became extinct, I would buy it then.

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What's so great about the 2018 series?

Look up the bracelet (more like a crazy bling belt buckle) Josten's made for the 2018ME champ. Then get back to me if you still have any questions about why I'd buy it for 50k in a second!
(contains nearly 1/2M in metal and stones)
The '99 Omaha side event what? By whom? Few ounces of 14k.... Yeah- for 50k? Imma pass.

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The year it was won seems to be the key. It was the last year of the twentieth century.

As always- valid point Ron. A Y2K bracelet. That survived! Priceless. I still have a single sock from '99. man-o-man..... if only I still had the PAIR! My freerolling CC days be over- that's a fact!

:smokin:

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would definitely not buy it, even if I had that kind of money to spend. The bracelet itself is not good if you haven't earn it by winning a WSOP event.

I'm sure that someone will come along and eventually buy it.

I doubt I would sell mine though... That man must be going through some rough times.

damgold

damgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would never buy this, I prefer to play and try to win a bracelet than to buy one, what grace do you have to buy one? the taste of victory is priceless

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
If I had $ 50,000 - I will definitely not buy this bracelet.

YungWan

YungWan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it hard not to feel bad for the guy, must be desperate to want to sell off his bracelet! Who knows, maybe some memorabilia collector with big pockets will pick it up!

Personally, I'd love to have one to wear, maybe it could fool people into thinking I wasn't a fish at the tables, for a little while at least! :laugh:

WSOP