World College Poker Championships

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks like a pretty cool event for those eligible and like you stated, will help with exposure and maybe help them draw even more players to earn money from in the future if they're not already real money players on their site.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the news. :)

To be honest this is really similar to ACR's Moneymaker Challange. The only exception is that you have to fight with more players here for the trophy, and they have some gift to the FT members too.

Will give it a try cause I always adore those competitions where the main prize is connected with travelling.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Thanks for the replies guys.

Yeah, the thing I really like is it is outside the norm regarding poker promotions (though yes, world championships of one kind or another have been tried before). New players need to be drawn to the game and attracting them via a college world series seems like a great way to do it!

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was ready to launch pokerstars. net, but then I saw the following. This event is for students aged 18 and over with a valid student ID who are currently enrolled in colleges, universities, and vocational schools around the world. It's a pity that you can't go to school just to play in this event. The PokerStars. net shortcut will continue to be covered by the spiderweb on the desktop.
Good luck to those who read this article and thought about participating.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I was ready to launch PokerStars. net, but then I saw the following. This event is for students aged 18 and over with a valid student ID who are currently enrolled in colleges, universities, and vocational schools around the world. It's a pity that you can't go to school just to play in this event. The PokerStars. net shortcut will continue to be covered by the spiderweb on the desktop.
Good luck to those who read this article and thought about participating.

Yeah, I think the giveaway was the World College Poker Championships.

J

Joselmb31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it would be a very good idea, especially because it encourages young people to participate in these events.