Twitch poker streamers forced to delete videos

O

Ozymandias912

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The popular video game streaming platform Twitch has gotten serious with the copyright and rights to the songs and music used on its channel. Thus, the company has updated its regulations to prevent the use of music without a license or right of use. This week hundreds of Twitch streamers received notices from the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) for using copyrighted music in the background of their streams. In some cases, old content was deleted without giving the opportunity to recover it. Which affects us since much of that content was intended for the study of the game. It is a real shame that this happens, but at the same time I can come to understand that it is something that exceeds the platform. What do you think?

CadoARAJ

CadoARAJ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the decision is right by twitch point of view. But these charge for the use of music at shops, channels and other source is an abuse. The more the music is on, more it is selled , but nothing to do about it.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The popular video game streaming platform Twitch has gotten serious with the copyright and rights to the songs and music used on its channel. Thus, the company has updated its regulations to prevent the use of music without a license or right of use. This week hundreds of Twitch streamers received notices from the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) for using copyrighted music in the background of their streams. In some cases, old content was deleted without giving the opportunity to recover it. Which affects us since much of that content was intended for the study of the game. It is a real shame that this happens, but at the same time I can come to understand that it is something that exceeds the platform. What do you think?

Do you have a link or source to this news? Just to verify it. :)

O

Ozymandias912

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
¿Tiene un enlace o una fuente a esta noticia? Solo para verificarlo. :)[/CITAR]

Hello! How are you? Yes, but it is in Spanish. It serves? When I finish my session I upload it:)

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok, I understand. Which site was it from? I may be able to find an English version.

Here you go Shell fyi this started months ago at least in practice quite a number of popular poker twitch streamers stopped playing copywritten music so they a) would not take a chance in getting banned and b) have their video libraries deleted for having copywritten music in them. If I remember correctly it was like 4 months ago but I am sure someone else may be able to give a more accurate time frame anyway here is the article from a few days ago

https://knowtechie.com/twitch-is-cracking-down-on-copyrighted-music-with-a-new-batch-of-dmca-takedowns/#:~:text=After%20years%20of%20inaction%2C%20Twitch,those%20clips%20had%20been%20deleted.

here i an article from June 7 this is probably a fw days after what I described above if my memory serves me

https://www.edmtunes.com/2020/06/twitch-cracking-down-copyrighted-music/

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Here you go Shell fyi this started months ago at least in practice quite a number of popular poker twitch streamers stopped playing copywritten music so they a) would not take a chance in getting banned and b) have their video libraries deleted for having copywritten music in them. If I remember correctly it was like 4 months ago but I am sure someone else may be able to give a more accurate time frame anyway here is the article from a few days ago

https://knowtechie.com/twitch-is-cr...inaction, Twitch,those clips had been deleted.

here i an article from June 7 this is probably a fw days after what I described above if my memory serves me

https://www.edmtunes.com/2020/06/twitch-cracking-down-copyrighted-music/

Ah, yes. I do remember this now. Thanks!