TV Poker Show 'Late Night Poker' could be making a return

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Dusk Till Dawn owner, Rob Yong, is aiming to get the poker show 'Late Night Poker' back on the air. The show was first aired on British TV back in 1999 and finished off in 2002.

There is a video included in the article featuring the late Dave 'Devilfish' Ulliot. There appears to be a lot of interest and feedback on the idea as shown through Rob's twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/rob_yong_/statu...t.com/news/late-night-poker-to-return-107357/

‘Late Night Poker’ to Return, Rob Yong Aiming to Bring Classic Show Back

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great Show!

Dusk Till Dawn owner, Rob Yong, is aiming to get the poker show 'Late Night Poker' back on the air. The show was first aired on British TV back in 1999 and finished off in 2002.

There is a video included in the article featuring the late Dave 'Devilfish' Ulliot. There appears to be a lot of interest and feedback on the idea as shown through Rob's twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/rob_yong_/statu...t.com/news/late-night-poker-to-return-107357/

‘Late Night Poker’ to Return, Rob Yong Aiming to Bring Classic Show Back

I have been lucky enough to meet both Rob Yong and the late and ever so charismatic Devilfish who was a real character - i really hope this show comes back - maybe even dig up John Duthie too!!

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have been lucky enough to meet both Rob Yong and the late and ever so charismatic Devilfish who was a real character - i really hope this show comes back - maybe even dig up John Duthie too!!

How awesome is that! I watched some of the video included in the article - they do look like they were having fun!

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great Men of Poker

How awesome is that! I watched some of the video included in the article - they do look like they were having fun!

Yes - the original series was founded/funded and produced with John Duthie and Dave Ulliot was at the time probably the biggest poker draw in the UK on TV, he was the breakthrough star for British viewers, he was charming, divisive and wickedly funny, i recall him battling alcoholism at the time and was a real comedian.

Such good TV - if this comes back, i will have to go and watch it being recorded!!

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Also - this was the Birth of the Hendon Mob

Its worth looking up Ross and Barney Boatman and some of that crew as well - they were really funny, Ram Vaswani and several others who were on the fringes of greatness including Victoria Mitchell at that time - Now Vicky Coren-Mitchell

Yes - the original series was founded/funded and produced with John Duthie and Dave Ulliot was at the time probably the biggest poker draw in the UK on TV, he was the breakthrough star for British viewers, he was charming, divisive and wickedly funny, i recall him battling alcoholism at the time and was a real comedian.

Such good TV - if this comes back, i will have to go and watch it being recorded!!

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think thats the name of what i watched on twitch tonight. Helmuth took out Jungleman in a best of 3 heads up match. It was damn entertaining

C

Cute Octopussy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, I watched some and I like it. That will be great if it returns. I miss it. Maybe some great players will play in it again, maybe Tom Dwan or Phil Ivey.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
that would be great and I hope high stackes come back:)

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was a great show. I really enjoyed the laid back premise and easy banter. Not to mention is so much fun watching the big dogs.