Triton North Cyprus - Event #6 - Ivey for Tournament Life

A2020

A2020

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This comes from the Live Stream at Twitch.

Do you think Vogelsang been in the hand influenced Ivey decision?

Timestamp is 1:55:30

Last edited:
D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This comes from the Live Stream at Twitch.

Do you think Vogelsang been in the hand influenced Ivey decision?
No.

Christoph Vogelsang is a solid player (he's made $28 million) and Ivey is well aware of this. I think it was yet another great hero call by Ivey , like others that have peppered this series.

That said, Vogelsang's behavior really bugged me in real time. There is a time clock so he cannot get away with his habitual ludicrous tanking so he abuses his other trick of covering up...which he is notorious for but he took it to the extreme in this hand. Once committed to the hand he pulled up his hoodie, then pulled the brim down over his chin and bent his head forward so he was completely covered and invisible. It not only looked ridiculous (others were glancing at him in mild disbelief) it felt like a step too far to me and I actually wished the floor stepped in and told him not to do it.

I was glad he got eliminated way before the money. It's odd, outside of these behaviors (I assume due to nerves) Vogelsang seems like a sweet guy and I believe is deeply religious...but boy can he bug when playing a hand.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ivey is still one of my favorite players, it was a great call, but it could be seen on his face that intuition, routine and years dominated the decision, because I think he was already prepared for the end of his tournament.