Tony Miles Apologizes to John Cynn for Slowroll Accusations

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Tony Miles Apologizes to John Cynn for Slowroll Accusations Following Final Hand in WSOP Main Event

Tony admitted he had a 'brief moment of weakness' and said he lost his 'composure' after the final hand. However, on July 15th, 2018 Tony issued this statement through his Twitter account...

'I just wanted to respond to some of the things that were being said last night after my HU match with Johnny. I appreciate people being understanding and open-minded about a situation where we were both delirious and battling our hearts out.'

— Tony Miles (@Storm253) July 15, 2018

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
They both looked exhausted. Shame they didn't break and come back and play while fresh. Must have been really difficult to rail for that long.

dealio96

dealio96

The LAG Monkeys
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even though I've never been in that position for so much money, im snap calling everytime heads up in Cynns spot. I can undrrstand the frustration from Miles.

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll bet Miles wants to take a lot about that particular hand back.

I wouldn't have thought nearly that long in a freeroll - I know that much. ;)

50shadesofspades

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
All out war.

Its likely there was no bad intent. It just seemed like two guys in a long winded battle of minds.

I cant imagine trying to be sharp for that amount of time without having a couple of lapses. To me it just seemed like a small lapse in time.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Its likely there was no bad intent. It just seemed like two guys in a long winded battle of minds.

I cant imagine trying to be sharp for that amount of time without having a couple of lapses. To me it just seemed like a small lapse in time.

This is how I saw it, too.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just watched this hand and I am laughing...

They are both so tired after 12 hours.

They are "buddies in action" that shared the final table and headsup wsop Main Event Final Table. I mean how many people on the planet know how they feel ?

They even have facial hair - I almost fell off my seat !

I can understand Cynn's trepidation....you have a plan to last beyond your opponent to win headsup...hours and hours and hours and !wham! you flop top trips ??!!!!

Even worse.....your opponent is betting into you.....what's going on here Cynn must have thought....am I hallucinating.....brain tricking me into what I want to see so the body moves chips in the middle and I can go to sleep !

I am soooo tired, am I misreading my hand? Are there really 2 kings on the flop ? Why is Tony betting? Bigger King - Pocket 55 ??? Maybe flush draw? Right?

So tired and now you feel like you are being set-up for a really big dumb loss on international television ROTF !!

And poor Tony had to endure what indeed was a slow roll - but that's because these guys' brains were moving that slow!! No malice intended....I believe.

I don't blame either of these guys for their reactions.

Uneven facial hair on Tony....everyone is super excited that it's over.....Jonsten's rep doing her thing...."poor" Cynn has to hold up the bracelet.....and you can just see how reality has not sunk in yet for the champion.

Tony might have been steaming some but he can be proud that his play in that last hand was ok. He just had the misfortune of being up against a monster with his good hand.

Take 2nd...enjoy it.....and know that you will go down in history for being on the receiving end of the biggest money slow roll to date.

See everyone at the Final Table next year !

Good luck !

WhereDidMyEVGo

WhereDidMyEVGo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good of him to say but Cynn knew it took longer than it should have for him to call. He even said "I'm not slowrolling you". I believe he was just thinking it through and not intending to slowroll but he's never folding there.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess I was trying to say that technically it was a "nit" roll and not a malicious slow roll.

Terrell423

Terrell423

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate slow rollers.... clearly disrespect

Yonip17

Yonip17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely it is not slow roll. Cynn don't have the nuts.