Tony G is back in the news

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never liked him. Never will. He thinks he's superior and this attitude makes me wanna pike.

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never knew he was a politician, just thought he was a business man, but I never played close attention to him. I do also feel people should be able to make their own decisions.. if you don't like something then don't go looking for it, or if it comes to you walk away and don't engage with whatever it is or just ignore it, even if it is tough to do.

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never knew also that he was on the politic world, now i understand why i never liked the way he plays and talk to other players, always seemed to me a douchebag.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Was he always a politician or has he gone into politics since poker?

It beggars belief that oaf is a politician but then why should one be surprised considering the morals of the majority in the political pond.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Love Tony G love his table talk. Don't like his CoinPoker room crypto crashing in value.

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
T

Triniti

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Played with him online long time ago at Stars and knocked him out from the $100 Double-or-Nothing table hehe

Jilty

Jilty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never knew he was a politician, just thought he was a business man, but I never played close attention to him. I do also feel people should be able to make their own decisions.. if you don't like something then don't go looking for it, or if it comes to you walk away and don't engage with whatever it is or just ignore it, even if it is tough to do.

Politician Businessman :bike::evil:

Whatever Putin does I follow, the guy is an angel I think.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
say said. but why? did he explain?

In the bulk of the article, there is a brief explanation.

(taken from the article)

‘Symbols of Oppression’

One can certainly understand why the Soviet symbol is offensive to Lithuanians. Tony G views it as a “symbol of oppression.” And for that reason he wants Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos to remove all Soviet-themed merchandise from the online retailer’s website.
“Lithuanians led the fight for freedom,” he said on CNN’s Quest Means Business. “We’re the first country to stand up and win freedom for everybody. So, those symbols, the symbols of oppression, symbols of deportations. Millions of people got affected in the region. People got killed. So, it’s very emotional for people.”
Millions of Soviet-themed products are sold around the world annually, especially in Russia. That includes shirts, hats, bags, and other items. Many tourists visiting Russia grab the swag as a souvenir. Why?
“I think it’s a lack of education,” Guoga argues. “If it was a swastika we would react differently. But for people in Lithuania, the Baltic, Latvia, Estonia, and everyone else affected by Stalinism, by that sort of rule that took place. I’m personally affected. My family’s affected. People around us are affected. So, we’re very hurtful. And for people around us, it’s not a nice reminder.”
In September, Lithuanian officials said Walmart agreed to stop selling Soviet-themed products on its website. Tony G repeated the claim during his CNN interview.
“We’re very thankful that Walmart has removed these sort of items,” he said.
But a quick check of Walmart’s website shows that items such as this t-shirt displaying the Soviet logo are still available for purchase.
The poker pro wants to speak with Bezos to explain how hurtful the sale of Soviet products is to Lithuanians. He said the Amazon CEO is likely unaware his company sells Soviet-themed items because “the company is so big.”

N

Nomahoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought he was Australian?

He had the aussie accent and all. He must have had dual citizenship.

So many great tv appearances with devilfish and Helmuth.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I live in Ex-Soviet country, not part of EU, but here we have the same information field with rest of the Europe and the same information field with Russia.

What Russian Politicians think about Latvian, Luthuanian and Estonian Politicians? They have a eastern saying for such case - " The dogs bark, but caravan goes on "

Lithuanian, Latvian and Estonian news are always depressing, please ftry to find any good news from that region... Politicians there are doing a good job destroying their countries, population leaves, they give special passports to not native citizens and call them "NE GRajdanin" which means "Not a Citizen" but they use abbreviation NEGR, in a really hateful manner.

They refused to have Nuclear energy plant there, because it was Russian, they refused to buy Russian gas, and they're buying gas from USA, x2 times higher price!!! In the mean time, so far even USA bought 3 tankers of liquid gas from Russia, cause it's cheap.

I don't know for sure, but some analytics say that it's all because of USA... US influence is very high in ex sovet countries around Russian borders, and they are working hard to grow a population of russian haters in these countries. Same story in my country, more obvious story in Ukraine.. Why USA is doing this? Their strategy is to speed up their own economic and scientific potential by slowing potential of the other countries. Breaking a good deal between Russia and CHina or between Russia and germany, bribing or stealing scientists, posting fake news in all major western media companies - it's their methods, And ofc provocations done with somebody elses hands, like this case with Tony...

rrickir

rrickir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I didn't even realize Tony G was still connected with poker in any way. I always thought he had sort of a British accent also wasn't sure where he was from. But it used to be fun back in the day to watch him on TV his mouth could definitely put anybody on tilt LOL

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wow isn't that interesting
Tony G as obnoxious as he appears , I always enjoy watching him on TV because he so obnoxious and his mouth - which makes for good drama lol

S

spr0ck3t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Normally really not a fan of him but this might be a case of 'broken clock being right twice a day' considering the situation Lithuania is facing.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tony G not much Love

Tony G...... Grrr I don't like the guy at all.

can any one tell me who does like him besides his kids and his wife maybe lol

😁 I would not like to be seated at a table where he was haha

:D

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with most, never was a fun of this guy. Always found him very smug and arrogant.

revizor

revizor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I live in Ex-Soviet country, not part of EU, but here we have the same information field with rest of the Europe and the same information field with Russia.

What Russian Politicians think about Latvian, Luthuanian and Estonian Politicians? They have a eastern saying for such case - " The dogs bark, but caravan goes on "

Lithuanian, Latvian and Estonian news are always depressing, please ftry to find any good news from that region... Politicians there are doing a good job destroying their countries, population leaves, they give special passports to not native citizens and call them "NE GRajdanin" which means "Not a Citizen" but they use abbreviation NEGR, in a really hateful manner.

They refused to have Nuclear energy plant there, because it was Russian, they refused to buy Russian gas, and they're buying gas from USA, x2 times higher price!!! In the mean time, so far even USA bought 3 tankers of liquid gas from Russia, cause it's cheap.

I don't know for sure, but some analytics say that it's all because of USA... US influence is very high in ex sovet countries around Russian borders, and they are working hard to grow a population of russian haters in these countries. Same story in my country, more obvious story in Ukraine.. Why USA is doing this? Their strategy is to speed up their own economic and scientific potential by slowing potential of the other countries. Breaking a good deal between Russia and CHina or between Russia and Germany, bribing or stealing scientists, posting fake news in all major western media companies - it's their methods, And ofc provocations done with somebody elses hands, like this case with Tony...

100% subscribe to your every word. He is a typical bearer and sycophant who pours bile.
1) What does Russia have to do with the USSR?
2) This animal has forgotten that such a country exists only thanks to the soldiers of the USSR who gave their lives for the liberation of Lithuania!
3) I could not go to the congress. One place is burning very hot.
And as a player he is useless. Just in his time could be so play. It is very revealing to take Eric Seidel and him. Tony G is just one little dirty line in the poker world.

L

lezghin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The fact is that each person can have his own opinion, it is not necessary to immediately scold the person if his opinion does not coincide with yours, not:puke:

riverokker

riverokker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tony G Rules!

Love Tony G ! His ****iness! And jokes he got jokes! I qualify! I love it when he goes after Phil Helmuth!:top: