Tom Dwan cost himself more than €300K after trying to bluff a hand!

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I still enjoy watching Durr play poker. I know he has taken some hits for not paying off Jungle but he is entertaining

pasha poltava

pasha poltava

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Dwan needed to push all the way in and then the pot would be his, I understand that the pot was very big, but it's Tom Dwan!

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
OMG!

Only being too rich to laugh after being called with 8 high (in such a big pot) !!! :eek:

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Bit if a weird scenario for me.

I appreciate Triton Poker just 'released' the specific clip (as they have been doing regularly with edited clips from their own content), Pokernews picked up on it ( and therefore I presume CC also) and now obviously many are commenting on it. However, Pokernews could not even get the month right and stated 'back in March'. No, it was back in May.

Back in May I 'reported' on the Triton series within this sub-forum when Pokernews completely ignored the tournament as I provided a daily update on the series and the tournament winners along the way.

The entire point for me (as I noted at the time) is the Triton series is always an absolute blast, with a field comprised of billionaires and multi millionaire professionals playing at the highest stakes in a relaxed and convivial manner. The bets and swings can be crazy but...they also play 'short deck' and structure some tourneys in manner no one else does. It is well worth the watch and I hope more watch the future streams- and the likes of Pokernews actually bothers reporting on the Triton series in real time.

On another level Triton will return to Cyprus early September to stage a tournament series with GG Poker (they already held a High Roller Series in Cyprus earlier in the year).

Just to note- Triton also links to the full Madrid stream just below the clip and multi hour streams can of course be found on their You Tube channel...

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I still enjoy watching Durr play poker. I know he has taken some hits for not paying off Jungle but he is entertaining
Having seen the way this guy plays I can only say I'm surprised he hasn't been bankrupted half a dozen times.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Having seen the way this guy plays I can only say I'm surprised he hasn't been bankrupted half a dozen times.
I am sure he has.

In fact the rumor has been for some time that Dwan is bank rolled (bailed out?) by some of the parties at the table. Though, I would argue it could be other very rich Asians which is why Dwan disappeared off to Macau for several years - the billionaire poker players love Dwan's bluff style and when it pays off, they get paid off. I presume over the longer term that backing Dwan is neither a win or loss but they like the gamble.

What should be noted is when Dwan has been seen over this past year playing on US TV, he plays a very conservative game because I would guess, he's playing on his own dime. In that scenario he is not the reckless youthful Dwan of the before times. But back in the Triton scenario Dwan is suddenly swinging for the fences once again.

Those unfamiliar with Triton should note, that at that table were Paul Phua, founder of Triton Series, Wai Yong son of Richard Wong the founder of Triton Poker (both reputed to be billionaires) Elton Tsang and Rui Cao who are both high stakes ballers with deep connections, as well as Tony G, Timothy Adams and Tom Dwan.

And for what it's worth, not only did Elton Tsang call out Tom Dwan as playing 7-2, Rui Cao staked over $300,000 dollars on it and when he said if Dwan had called all in he would have shoved...anyone who has watched Rui Cao knows he was ready to do just that.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, if this is what lucky rich folks are doing with someone's money then tax the rich.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was an incredible game! :eek:
If they hadn't discussed the 7.2 bluff beforehand, Dwan might have maybe made it.
As far as I've looked, Rui Cao is a serious Cash game player...
It was a great game!
Thanks for the video, it was worth watching. 👌

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
The ending of this movie is mega funny. In a positive light, of course.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to be honest, it's not funny, 2 people have fun with garbage hands, I see this every day

millya5

millya5

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It still reMAINS... Tom Dwan - BLUF KING!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_58.png
    Screenshot_58.png
    325.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Triton has the biggest games and the small group of people from all the people of the world, who can play these with a smile on their face.

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
Sometimes I think the way they play , it’s like propaganda. It’s all hype making n fake play money. Just my opinion though

semsaltov77777

semsaltov77777

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
just curl around, it seems that they have a lot of notes on each other, otherwise you can't come up with something with the 8th eldest, Tom Dwan may once knew how to bluff, it won't work with the Chinese)))

sandlax

sandlax

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This kind of videos makes me feel good about my bad days

MTCashman

MTCashman

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow what a wild hand, thanks for sharing lol.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Feel like Durr could probably bluff off a good few more pots like that and still be in the black for his bluffing overall..! :D

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dwan always made these type of plays, I remember when I used to watch him on FT playing against Phil Ivey and Patrick Antonius. It was fun to watch.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Incredible video hahaha by God how incredible lsdgnlksdgsdg!!!

Mihail Grinvich

Mihail Grinvich

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Incredible video! This is too expensive bluff. I think Dwan hasn't slept all night. The opponent has nerves of iron, he was pleasantly shocked.

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He can afford it, no worries. If your not bluffing sometimes, you're not playing poker. You're no always gonna get premium hands so you have to play the player and that's where bluffing comes in. Sometimes it works sometimes it don't. And remember, only gamble the amount you can afford to lose!

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad time to give this bluff and it took a big damage to your account, induced bluff poorly studied, even the pros make big mistakes.

B

budweiser74777

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
insurance compensates - and sponsors will also pay extra on top

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands