Tesla and Poker?

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wow it sounds really interesting. Especially it will be relevant for those who stuck in china's traffic jam where you can spend time by playing poker

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I really like Tesla. I believe that it is the leader of its industry and one of the most promising companies in the world. Their innovations have always struck me.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tesla, Inc. is gambling on the rise of poker in China by announcing the launch of a novel in-car update. Set to go live in early 2020, the new software will give Chinese Tesla owners access to two poker games. Very interesting....

Tesla to Gamble on Poker with Chinese In-Car Software Update

This will be a really nice feature if you use the automated driverless function.

You can play poker while you are bored in the back seat.

Good luck !

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I remember the old days when cars were meant for getting from point A to point B. Who sits in their parked car for hours playing poker on a dashboard gambling system? I guess I won't be an early adopter.

Refinado Tom

Refinado Tom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting. The Chinese people can´t keep their mind calm even when driving a machine. 20 min are enough for a lot of chinese poker. LOL

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Unreal imagination :D Elon is ROCK!

Vadim_King

Vadim_King

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A promising solution, especially considering the marketing capabilities of Tesla.

AndreyMav78

AndreyMav78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, an interesting article. It has long been necessary to integrate gaming platforms with cars, planes and trains))))

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Tesla, Inc. is gambling on the rise of poker in China by announcing the launch of a novel in-car update. Set to go live in early 2020, the new software will give Chinese Tesla owners access to two poker games. Very interesting....

There are enough distractions on the roads, we don't need more morons not paying attention to the road, it won't be long before an intelligent Chinese programmer comes up with a patch to make it usable while driving.

:hmmmm:

wow it sounds really interesting. Especially it will be relevant for those who stuck in china's traffic jam where you can spend time by playing poker
Maybe the traffic jams are caused by those playing games while in traffic instead of paying attention to the road and keep the traffic moving.

:dontknow:

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are a lot of Chinese. This market is attractive to any business. Therefore, nothing surprising. In addition, it is known that the Asian region is very fond of gambling.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,what an innovation!However,there is no place more comfortable to play poker than my own room..

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
There are enough distractions on the roads, we don't need more morons not paying attention to the road, it won't be long before an intelligent Chinese programmer comes up with a patch to make it usable while driving.

:hmmmm:

Maybe the traffic jams are caused by those playing games while in traffic instead of paying attention to the road and keep the traffic moving.

:dontknow:

I personally hate this idea! We already have issues with people not knowing how to drive, do they need more help with making it worse?

I don't see a place for poker, gaming or anything else computer related for safety's sake when it comes to moving vehicles even if the vehicle is parked.

Last edited:
BlackIce

BlackIce

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Imagine 20 years of Tesla, how do you think people will drive then? Practice makes perfect but if your car always drives itself what’s gonna happen if eventually you have too ? I’m talking of younger generations in the future .. Dif gonna be interesting.

C

Chachaboy1975

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I’ve done this in traffic jams on my mobile. But only when the traffic is dead stopped.

C

Chachaboy1975

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally hate this idea! We already have issues with people not knowing how to drive, do they need more help with making it worse?

I don't see a place for poker, gaming or anything else computer related for safety's sake when it comes to moving vehicles.

I was thinking it was for self driven cars or people being driven by hired drivers. I’m not sure if they want they customers driving with AA and river gives trip 2s for a donkey. Lol

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I was thinking it was for self driven cars or people being driven by hired drivers. I’m not sure if they want they customers driving with AA and river gives trip 2s for a donkey. Lol

One thing some of us missed in the article, the App would not be usable unless the vehicle was parked.

What would concern me, I guess, is this idea could still cause issues even in stop and go traffic. I already dislike when I see people texting while driving and can't imagine what it would be like getting behind someone who threw the car into park at every chance...lol.. AND the pilot is happening in China!

Watcheman

Watcheman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Elon just have enough money to do fool things.
Because last times his direct marketing does not give good results.
Well, anyway wait and see, Elon is done well anyway.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Applying road safety to tesla gagdets results in fast comparison with russian roulette. With many cars smaller than tesla's, the tesla driver pulls the trigger and someone else dies (statistically).

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This sounds wild .. definitely does not belong in the dash board .. I could see adding a screen in the back seat for passengers ..

P

pepomjp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont think is a good idea. Driving and playing can result in an accident.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
i dont think is a good idea. Driving and playing can result in an accident.

There is a high chance if someone was doing anything other than driving while driving it could result in an accident if that makes sense. The article states the car would have to be in park to play any poker - I still do not think this is a good idea.

fenoz

fenoz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe access to the game will be available only in traffic when the car is not moving. Or for the game is only for the passenger.

P

pepomjp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Knowing us players, we will like to continue playing while driving. The feature need restriction embedded. In stuck traffic you are still driving. It should only work if the car is in parking.

Last edited:
zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The new company motto could be: "Tesla - catering to addicts since 2003" :)