Stuck in the Micros: Doug Polk $100-to-$10K Online Poker Bankroll Challenge Grinds On

fingers182005

fingers182005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doug Polk knows what he's doing is going to be hard. I do think he can do it by starting off at the right stake level with an occasional buy in at a table slightly larger then he should be playing with also hes gonna need 2 be playing tournaments not jsut ring games. the ring is where you lose the fastest

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you`re a good player,you can win anywhere,,,,high-stakes,mid-stakes,freerolls,,,,I`m sure he will do well.:icon_flow

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think he can do it it's just a matter of time , Doug has a lot of experience which allows him to do more ambitious challenges.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Doug Polk knows what he's doing is going to be hard. I do think he can do it by starting off at the right stake level with an occasional buy in at a table slightly larger then he should be playing with also hes gonna need 2 be playing tournaments not jsut ring games. the ring is where you lose the fastest

If you`re a good player,you can win anywhere,,,,high-stakes,mid-stakes,freerolls,,,,I`m sure he will do well.:icon_flow

I think he can do it it's just a matter of time , Doug has a lot of experience which allows him to do more ambitious challenges.

While you are all quite right that Doug is quite capable of meeting this goal, I am wondering if he has given himself a timeline, as he had apparently begun his quest 2 years ago.

Kanetuck

Kanetuck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course he can, as long as there isn't a time set for it. Sometimes I feel like the lower skill set at micro stakes leads to more variance, which means trying to move up too fast can kill the bankroll.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Of course he can, as long as there isn't a time set for it. Sometimes I feel like the lower skill set at micro stakes leads to more variance, which means trying to move up too fast can kill the bankroll.

I tend to agree with this comment, too.

S

Slacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He had a huge meltdown last week on his Twitch stream. People kept asking "why no hud?. He went nuts and started banning everyone that asked, haha. Few mins later he gets a new subscriber with the screen name...whynohud. It was extremely entertaining!

Btw...he's streaming today and BR is up to a little over 2K. He definitely gets there from here. Grinding the micros is tough though and this challenge proves it.

J

jt2oux

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I love watching the progress of people who set bankroll building goals.

S

sibiryak1818

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
how do you expect to win in every possible

I want to try myself with strong players I hope will be allowed)

Last edited by a moderator:
P

PokerWahoo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think he will do it for sure. Question is the over/under on how long it takes

AcooltartA

AcooltartA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He had a huge meltdown last week on his Twitch stream. People kept asking "why no hud?. He went nuts and started banning everyone that asked, haha. Few mins later he gets a new subscriber with the screen name...whynohud. It was extremely entertaining!

Btw...he's streaming today and BR is up to a little over 2K. He definitely gets there from here. Grinding the micros is tough though and this challenge proves it.

He was saying on a recent stream that if you play online and don't use a HUD you are a fish. Said the only reason he wasn't using a HUD currently is because wsop.com doesn't allow them.

I think HUDs definitely have their merit but I also think players rely on them to much. They are there as a general reference but I wouldn't advise making all decisions strictly based off HUD information. That being said I absolutely do use one and probably always will.

I

Ian mcdonough

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never used a HUD but can definitely see their benefit. Would Doug use one if WSOP allowed their use probably. cant understand why he had this melt down maybe just got sick of the repeated question

S

Slacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doug finished the challenge last night. Played super long season, moved up to NL500 and it was only a matter of time before he hit 10K. Hate it's over, was a lot of fun to watch!

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Doug finished the challenge last night. Played super long season, moved up to NL500 and it was only a matter of time before he hit 10K. Hate it's over, was a lot of fun to watch!

Yay! Way to go, Doug!

J

Jamuka7657

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty impressive going from a $3k bankroll to $10k in one session.

S

Slacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty impressive going from a $3k bankroll to $10k in one session.

No kidding! I missed the run up to over 6K, must have run really well at NL200. Guess he took a shot at NL500 at around 6K and never looked back. Pretty sick grind.

fingers182005

fingers182005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
congratz to doug polk maybe he should have a new goal. 10k to 100k come on polk you can dooo it!!! make us players watch more of your play you cannot be tired of poker yet.

I

Ian mcdonough

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well done to Doug polk in accomplishing this feat.. Don't think he will go on to try and run it up anymore he has said he's playing less poker and concentrating on other ventures

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And he did it finally , it's long time but he achieve his goal and it's what matters , now we have to turn to Carell and his challenge on micros :D he's already doing good .

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management