Soccer Star Marcos Rojo breaks coronavirus rules at a poker game

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Manchester United defender Marcos Rojo posted a video enjoying a game of poker with friends. It clearly shows he was not practicing Covid-19 self-distancing as recommended by the Argentinian government. A representative for Manchester United has told mainstream media outlets in the UK that Marcos will be warned about his actions even though he is not the only one who has been misbehaving lately.

A possible concern from his actions is others may feel it's ok to get together with friends regardless of what the current lockdown rules are. Do you think others will follow his lead?

Soccer Star Marcos Rojo Commits Coronavirus Foul by Playing Poker with Friends

toni_brasco

toni_brasco

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well i'm happy to see that,will have some gathering in a next few days with my friends and hope the others will follow.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
well i'm happy to see that,will have some gathering in a next few days with my friends and hope the others will follow.

I'm not sure the country is really ready for people to be getting together, are they? From the article, it sounds like Manchester United may not be too happy with him.
(taken from the article)
A representative for Manchester United has told mainstream media outlets in the UK that Marcos Rojo will be warned about his actions.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Manchester United defender Marcos Rojo posted a video enjoying a game of poker with friends. It clearly shows he was not practicing Covid-19 self-distancing as recommended by the Argentinian government. A representative for Manchester United has told mainstream media outlets in the UK that Marcos will be warned about his actions even though he is not the only one who has been misbehaving lately.

A possible concern from his actions is others may feel it's ok to get together with friends regardless of what the current lockdown rules are. Do you think others will follow his lead?

Soccer Star Marcos Rojo Commits Coronavirus Foul by Playing Poker with Friends

They don't seem very concerned about getting themselves or others sick.

A warning about misbehavior is one thing - but usually sports stars have "bad publicity" clauses in their contracts??

I guess if someone dies from COVID19 then bad publicity is the least of their concerns.

But doesn't he want to set a good example for his daughter?

Be well!

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They don't seem very concerned about getting themselves or others sick.

A warning about misbehavior is one thing - but usually sports stars have "bad publicity" clauses in their contracts??

I guess if someone dies from COVID19 then bad publicity is the least of their concerns.

But doesn't he want to set a good example for his daughter?

Be well!
Marcos Rojo is not a little boy and a professional athlete. I think he does not need advice on what to do on vacation. Until he did nothing reprehensible.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Marcos Rojo is not a little boy and a professional athlete. I think he does not need advice on what to do on vacation. Until he did nothing reprehensible.

You don't think he did anything wrong in these trying times? Just curious...

Here's my take - he made a mistake by showing the world through his posting, that he doesn't take the virus overly serious. He is a public figure - people know him. In fact, they may even say, if he can do it why can't I? So, then you have friends of friends of friends gathering together (and who knows where they have all been) and just hope no one is carrying the virus or passing it along. I don't know what the numbers are like in argentina but if they are anything like most other countries in the world, I would hate to see all that time used to help 'flatten the curve' go to complete waste. This virus isn't done with us yet...in my opinion.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Marcos Rojo is not a little boy and is a professional athlete. He should know better than to set a bad example to his fans, friends, family and the world. Time for him to act like an adult.

So, what if 2 or 3 of the "friends" from that poker night report being sick and test positive for COVID19? And what if one of them dies from it? THEN is it reprehensible?

Your logic is lacking sir.

run187

run187

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips

Its not ok for him a professional athlete to set examples to us his fans Nor is it ok for him to risk his life and others by breaking rules .
Nor is it ok for him a pro footballer to be smoking ..

C

crankmuppet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Manchester United should bench him for a year and donate his salary to Covid-19 vaccine research and organizations feeding the food insecure in the UK.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Manchester United should bench him for a year and donate his salary to Covid-19 vaccine research and organizations feeding the food insecure in the UK.

Yeah i hope United is sharing same mindset like you like "we'd let him rot on the bench until his contract expires after next season" :secruity:

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You don't think he did anything wrong in these trying times? Just curious...

Here's my take - he made a mistake by showing the world through his posting, that he doesn't take the virus overly serious. He is a public figure - people know him. In fact, they may even say, if he can do it why can't I? So, then you have friends of friends of friends gathering together (and who knows where they have all been) and just hope no one is carrying the virus or passing it along. I don't know what the numbers are like in Argentina but if they are anything like most other countries in the world, I would hate to see all that time used to help 'flatten the curve' go to complete waste. This virus isn't done with us yet...in my opinion.
I know from personal experience that all high-level athletes take prevention very seriously. Unlike most, many of them long ago refused to shake hands at a meeting, all the others understood this only now. I will not go into details, but for an athlete getting sick and being treated with antibiotics has very serious consequences. Compared to the rest, it’s like getting out of a coma. I do not think that he neglects his health.
Everyone has the right to do what they consider necessary for themselves, if this does not violate the rights and comfort of other people. If someone is unreasonably afraid, this is not a reason to force everyone to adhere to his rules.
Personally annoys me how many "stars" show all the absurdities for the sake of PR sitting as if "in isolation." What should I do? I just do not watch this content.
Let us not rush to conclusions until the appearance of complete clarity in matters with this conditionally new virus. So far, even scientists and experts can not say anything with complete confidence.

run187

run187

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
What's this? Like a horror story and I have to be scared.
OK. I was very scared, scared, scaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaared......
Listen. I've been in the hospital on life support with respiratory problems I almost died.
I've been in hospital with a hole in my lung which required oxygen every THIRTY seconds that's what COVID is like

I've seen a guy like you with the EXACT attitude thinking this shit is a joke they died last week
Friend of friend health died last week COVID all because they were in and out of other peoples houses and took it as seriously as you

Ive seen my mother on life support for a MONTH in a forced coma for a similar thing to COVID she almost died

anybody can get it and anybody can spread it be they one or 101 be they famous or not be healthy or unhealthy. sports stars have died from it children have died from it

It aint a joke..

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I know from personal experience that all high-level athletes take prevention very seriously. Unlike most, many of them long ago refused to shake hands at a meeting, all the others understood this only now. I will not go into details, but for an athlete getting sick and being treated with antibiotics has very serious consequences. Compared to the rest, it’s like getting out of a coma. I do not think that he neglects his health.
Everyone has the right to do what they consider necessary for themselves, if this does not violate the rights and comfort of other people. If someone is unreasonably afraid, this is not a reason to force everyone to adhere to his rules.
Personally annoys me how many "stars" show all the absurdities for the sake of PR sitting as if "in isolation." What should I do? I just do not watch this content.
Let us not rush to conclusions until the appearance of complete clarity in matters with this conditionally new virus. So far, even scientists and experts can not say anything with complete confidence.

It's true anyone can do anything they want providing it doesn't hurt themselves or anyone else for that matter. I appreciate the lack of personal interaction with other teams by not shaking hands etc, however, this particular virus has been proven to spread so easy, so why not show the world that as a paid sports personality, that you too can be responsible. Whether the fellas Marcos was playing the game with were infected or not is anyone's business when it potentially has implications. In this case, I certainly do hope that Marcos as a top footballer, takes his health seriously, but you can't tell me that there aren't top sports figures out there who don't take their health seriously.

No one has to hide under a rock for the next month or however long it takes, but be reasonable and take precautions...it's not that hard. The sooner we do what is shown to help with flattening the curve, the sooner we can get back to some kind of normalcy (although normalcy will take on a new definition, I'm sure)

I'm not a fear mongerer but I like to believe I am in support of measures to keep everyone including myself and my loved ones out of danger of being infected with this virus as much as humanly possible until there is a remedy or that dang curve has flattened!

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Listen. I've been in the hospital on life support with respiratory problems I almost died.
I've been in hospital with a hole in my lung which required oxygen every THIRTY seconds that's what COVID is like

I've seen a guy like you with the EXACT attitude thinking this shit is a joke they died last week
Friend of friend health died last week COVID all because they were in and out of other peoples houses and took it as seriously as you

Ive seen my mother on life support for a MONTH in a forced coma for a similar thing to COVID she almost died

anybody can get it and anybody can spread it be they one or 101 be they famous or not be healthy or unhealthy. sports stars have died from it children have died from it

It aint a joke..
It is probably very difficult to live on this planet if you are very suspicious. So far, none of my acquaintances and friends know a single case of infection from relatives and acquaintances. And this is not in the village but in Moscow, where according to statistics more than half of all cases in Russia.

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's true anyone can do anything they want providing it doesn't hurt themselves or anyone else for that matter. I appreciate the lack of personal interaction with other teams by not shaking hands etc, however, this particular virus has been proven to spread so easy, so why not show the world that as a paid sports personality, that you too can be responsible. Whether the fellas Marcos was playing the game with were infected or not is anyone's business when it potentially has implications. In this case, I certainly do hope that Marcos as a top footballer, takes his health seriously, but you can't tell me that there aren't top sports figures out there who don't take their health seriously.

No one has to hide under a rock for the next month or however long it takes, but be reasonable and take precautions...it's not that hard. The sooner we do what is shown to help with flattening the curve, the sooner we can get back to some kind of normalcy (although normalcy will take on a new definition, I'm sure)

I'm not a fear mongerer but I like to believe I am in support of measures to keep everyone including myself and my loved ones out of danger of being infected with this virus as much as humanly possible until there is a remedy or that dang curve has flattened!
I fully agree that while the virus has been little studied, additional precautions should be observed. But this should not go to the point of absurdity. Otherwise, the price of security will be more than what is left for us.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What's this? Like a horror story and I have to be scared.
OK. I was very scared, scared, scaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaared......

Gallora - several people have already died from catching COVID19 while playing cards.

This has happened at least twice in the US while they were playing at bridge tournaments.

Tucson and Colorado.

This is not fantasy.

Be well !

run187

run187

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
It is probably very difficult to live on this planet if you are very suspicious. So far, none of my acquaintances and friends know a single case of infection from relatives and acquaintances. And this is not in the village but in Moscow, where according to statistics more than half of all cases in Russia.

SUSPICIOUS? YOU HONESTLY CAN NOT BE BEING SERIOUS YOURE TROLLING ME RIGHT?

Tell me please when a friend of mine got admitted to hospital and then died from covid 19
Please tell me how this is suspicion?

Just because Russia has low deaths doesn't mean the virus is fake. We have over 30000 people who died in this country. Mostly because people use the exact logic you use.

here's statics for you 257K worldwide deaths. In my town, however, using your logic we only have around 500 deaths so Carona/COVID musta effect me

Marcos Rojo should be setting a better example he as a famous person should be setting a higher example than anyone. Please ask any of the UK hospitals to provide you a video link of the intensive care units so you can see just how real it is ..

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Just a quick reminder - occasionally when the translator is in effect, some words may translate to read into something that was not intended.

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gallora - several people have already died from catching COVID19 while playing cards.

This has happened at least twice in the US while they were playing at bridge tournaments.

Tucson and Colorado.

This is not fantasy.

Be well !
Did they die right at the table or were they tested right after the game? I’m trying to talk about the madness that is now in the world in the subject of "before and after."

W

wizcup

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did they die right at the table or were they tested right after the game? I’m trying to talk about the madness that is now in the world in the subject of "before and after."

I am wondering what is the relevancy of "before and after" and with they become Covid carrier. Mind to elaborate?

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SUSPICIOUS? YOU HONESTLY CAN NOT BE BEING SERIOUS YOURE TROLLING ME RIGHT?

Tell me please when a friend of mine got admitted to hospital and then died from covid 19
Please tell me how this is suspicion?

Just because Russia has low deaths doesn't mean the virus is fake. We have over 30000 people who died in this country. Mostly because people use the exact logic you use.

here's statics for you 257K worldwide deaths. In my town, however, using your logic we only have around 500 deaths so Carona/COVID musta effect me

Marcos Rojo should be setting a better example he as a famous person should be setting a higher example than anyone. Please ask any of the UK hospitals to provide you a video link of the intensive care units so you can see just how real it is ..
I don’t want to troll anyone in serious topics. The words "if you are very suspicious" describe a non-specific person and in this text do not carry a personal burden.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Sorry gallora - I'm not interested in educating you on epidemiological science. You can study that on your own. It is truly amazing how accurate and useful epidemiology is.

You can also research the newspaper articles about the bridge tournament outbreaks.

If you don't want to believe what is written then I can't help you there either.

Good luck !

Top 10 Games Poker Rules - Poker Games