Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Pretty clean misdeal/play, right..?

This is one of the main reasons I stopped watching high stakes poker: the magician is playing 72o, which implies he’s playing basically a 100% range, which is kind of absurd for all of us who are playing NLHE 100 and under limits. It teaches us nothing valuable.
But I’m not criticizing the OP, Tracid is my dear mate for a long time ago, and I loved the fact he’s posting something new for us to appreciate 😄
My criticism goes only to the high stakes poker and their poor ability to teach us anything valuable.
Thanks Tracid, best regards!

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This is one of the main reasons I stopped watching high stakes poker: the magician is playing 72o, which implies he’s playing basically a 100% range, which is kind of absurd for all of us who are playing NLHE 100 and under limits. It teaches us nothing valuable.
But I’m not criticizing the OP, Tracid is my dear mate for a long time ago, and I loved the fact he’s posting something new for us to appreciate 😄
My criticism goes only to the high stakes poker and their poor ability to teach us anything valuable.
Thanks Tracid, best regards!
Have you factored in they are playing the 72o game as well as straddling?

For you to see that there is nothing of value here, or nothing relevant to learn from surprises me buddy! :giggle:

Any luck finding your lost pal/tutor friend? I must confess I have never been able to find the search player function on Stars. Ever, not just now... :LOL:

Fondest Regards! ❤️

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Have you factored in they are playing the 72o game as well as straddling?

For you to see that there is nothing of value here, or nothing relevant to learn from surprises me buddy! :giggle:

Any luck finding your lost pal/tutor friend? I must confess I have never been able to find the search player function on Stars. Ever, not just now... :LOL:

Fondest Regards! ❤️
Yeah, I noticed it they are straddling but even so I’m kinda of extremist sometimes. I have been sleeping with a Sith Lady, and then I got a little on the dark side of things :ROFLMAO:
Of course there is something valuable to learn, in spite of my personal radical attitude: there I should never play weak combos from any position, that I should never try to emulate or imitate poker professionals and goes on! Thanks for your kind attention on looking for my friend!

I love you very much! (As a mate) :LOL:

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yeah, I noticed it they are straddling but even so I’m kinda of extremist sometimes. I have been sleeping with a Sith Lady, and then I got a little on the dark side of things :ROFLMAO:
Of course there is something valuable to learn, in spite of my personal radical attitude: there I should never play weak combos from any position, that I should never try to emulate or imitate poker professionals and goes on! Thanks for your kind attention on looking for my friend!

I love you very much! (As a mate) :LOL:
You know the 72 game that is played at cash tables sometimes?

If not, it is when a player wins a pot and shows 72, all other players have to give the winner an extra X amount of chips...

The fact that they are playing this, kind of prop bet I suppose, doesn't really become apparent until the end of the hand but is pertinent to how Antonio has played the hand and how 'magic' both flops were... :giggle:

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Th
You know the 72 game that is played at cash tables sometimes?

If not, it is when a player wins a pot and shows 72, all other players have to give the winner an extra X amount of chips...

The fact that they are playing this, kind of prop bet I suppose, doesn't really become apparent until the end of the hand but is pertinent to how Antonio has played the hand and how 'magic' both flops were... :giggle:
Thanks for your explanation, I wasn’t aware of it, good to know.
Well, you have far more experience than I, could you kindly tell me what is your opinion on playing these weak combos (such as 72o) in lower limits?
Thanks again for your lovely kindness!

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
could you kindly tell me what is your opinion on playing these weak combos (such as 72o) in lower limits?
My personal opinion?

hands like 72o, with rare and specific exceptions, should almost never be played, in MTT's at least...

Cash games are honestly not my jam. I like playing cash (if and when I do) but to be perfectly honest just haven't studied cash game strategy in the same way as tournament play.

Perhaps there might be occasions where for some reason or other you might feel like you can take it down either with a stab pre-flop (or on a later street) but things like that should be done very cautiously and speculatively knowing that any chips you commit attempting to steal are almost definitely lost if your opponents call or raise.

This essentially brings us to the arguments/topics of pre-flop hand selection, balance and bluff frequency I suppose... ;)

Big Love. ❤️