Russell Crowe's new poker movie and more poker news

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great Movie, have watched it and can highly recommend it - the dark side of poker! :)

O

oroochimaru

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its a decent movie. Even if I'm not a big fan, Russell Crowe's acting in the beginning held my interest. The pace is suitable. The sequences move forward without any major bumps. The plot is very clear and, in my opinion, has been exploited to better purpose in other movies. However, some of the evil guys' acting is seriously over the top. Since Crowe directed it, I questioned whether there had been any nepotism since several characters were completely unnecessary to the plot. The conclusion is also fine, and even brought a tear to my eye. Overall, it was considerably superior to many holywood movies nowadays. Easily gets through an afternoon.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I've always liked Crowe movies. And I think it's cool that Poker is gaining space in the movies. A pity that by the synopsis of the film Poker is being associated 'again' with things like scams, cheats, betrayals and the like. I would like to see, one day, a film that associates Poker with nobler issues, such as overcoming, self-control and discipline. Who knows one day! Until then, I'm going to watch Crowe's movie for sure!
As for the house, someone said it doesn't have a pool... Well, just because it doesn't appear in the picture doesn't mean it doesn't. The text even talks about a 'wet bar'. I believe it is a swimming pool too. Must stay in one of the closed environments of the house. As I am a frugal person I will not buy. But what did you want...
Did you like Romper Stomper?

4ae6fe4df67bdc25c7062d27b2d033a6.png

B

budweiser74777

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wonder if he's a strong player himself?

H

HarryPokerPL

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, promises to be interesting. I have to watch!