Russell Crowe's new poker movie and more poker news

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hello I hope to see it. it is known on which platform they release it or it is only for cinema

ODRAGD3

ODRAGD3

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I didn't know there was a new movie about Russel, he's one of my favorite actors!

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
Wow , I love poker movies. Will be watching this for sure

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Russell Crowe doesn't waste time. His popularity is not waning, and new films are released regularly. I'm going to watch a new movie with him in the lead role this weekend, which is called Prizefighter: The Life of Jem Belcher.
And a new poker movie with him should be expected only by the end of the year.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Russell Crowe's new poker movie and a peek at poker pro Chance Kornuth's Las Vegas 6100 square foot home which is for sale at a bargain price of $3.5 million.

More poker news tidbits are found in the link below.

Short Stacks: A Glimpse of Russell Crowe in ‘Poker Face’ and a Poker Pro’s $3.5 Million Mansion
Looks like a very nice home from the small portion we can see. Looking forward to seeing any poker movie, even more so with Mr. Crowe in, like all his movies

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I'm not quite sure I understand the lack of a pool either:oops:...

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've watched the trailer, it seems the plot has little to do with poker, more like a typical action/thriller movie.

urubudopoker

urubudopoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
When will it be available and where?

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
When will it be available and where?
I'm sure we will know when the movie will be released but as of this moment, the details in the article linked in the first post are about all we have right now.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'm sure we will know when the movie will be released but as of this moment, the details in the article linked in the first post are about all we have right now.

Poker Face is scheduled for theatre release on November 16 (I'll assume limited) with video on demand available from November 22.

The movie was just shown at the Rome Film Festival but it appears nobody bothered with a review which could be mean people might need to lower expectations because it looks as though it'll get one weekend in theatres and then potentially evaporate.

azteca6

azteca6

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
excellent I hope to see you soon:D to know what the future holds for me:D dreaming costs nothing:D

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
hope it's a good movie, listen to watch it

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
We were presented with the first trailer of the film "Pokerface". It shows a house invasion where a high-stakes game is taking place. Crowe plays the role of a high-tech billionaire who organizes a private poker game with friends. However, as the game progresses, armed men enter the house, and the poker plot turns into a thriller.

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have reasonably low expectations, although I am still excited to see what its like. Lets just hope the film itself is good, so if the poker part is average, unrealistic, or worse, total nonsense, then at least its still a worthy watch.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is a pretty cool looking house. I am not sure about Russell Crowe as a poker player, but I guess he pulled off playing John Nash.

Mimo..Mach

Mimo..Mach

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It will be interesting to see, not only the plot on which the movie is based, but what kind of evolution they will give when characterizing each poker game in the movie. Hopefully some woman has a great seat in that film. And it would not hurt to give some good advice and strategies to use all of us who go to see that interesting movie!

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It will be interesting to watch this film, we will wait for the release

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hello:)
I hope the movie takes on a big poker aspect, I love poker, and Russell Crowe is one of my favorite actors, so the movie is definitely going to be fun.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Poker Face is scheduled for theatre release on November 16 (I'll assume limited) with video on demand available from November 22.

The movie was just shown at the Rome Film Festival but it appears nobody bothered with a review which could be mean people might need to lower expectations because it looks as though it'll get one weekend in theatres and then potentially evaporate.

As predicted, it is looked like a stinker and is currently rated at 9% on Rotten Tomatoes - yikes!

S

shellie111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
NZ
Chips
whats the movie called and when was it released?

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
whats the movie called and when was it released?
The information regarding the movie (and other poker stuff :)) can be found in the link of the very first post of this thread. :)