Respected and admired poker writer and player, Thayer Rasmussen has died at the age of 39

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It has been announced that thirty-nine-year-old Thayer Rasmussen has passed away. Longtime friend and poker pro, Shaun Deeb, had been requested by the family to post a message confirming Thayer's death. Messages were pouring in once Shaun made the announcement on Twitter April 2, 2023.

More details and messages from his many friends and colleagues have been posted here >>> Thayer Rasmussen, Prolific Poker Writer and Early Online Tournament Pro, has Died

Thayer-Rasmussen.jpeg

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sad to see such a young man die, God rest his soul. :(

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
very sad news:cry::cry::cry:
Rest in peace and our condolences to his family and friends.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Way to young. May he rest in Pease.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Unfortunately, death does not differentiate between young or old, sick or strong. Our condolences to his family

werty328

werty328

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It has been announced that thirty-nine-year-old Thayer Rasmussen has passed away. Longtime friend and poker pro, Shaun Deeb, had been requested by the family to post a message confirming Thayer's death. Messages were pouring in once Shaun made the announcement on Twitter April 2, 2023.

More details and messages from his many friends and colleagues have been posted here >>> Thayer Rasmussen, Prolific Poker Writer and Early Online Tournament Pro, has Died

Thayer-Rasmussen.jpeg
so young (((condolences to family and friends (((

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You never know when the end of your journey will come. Rasmussen was only 39 years old. He could have achieved more as a player, given his victories in the tournaments mentioned in the article. The priceless respect of the poker community is always with him.

GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Unfortunately another one who died far too young. rest in peace ! my condolences to the family and friends.

S

Spheremaster

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very young... Sincere condolences to the family...

martinoni

martinoni

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
So Sad about that... Hope he is with a better energy now... alongside our dear God

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
I am sorry 😢 to hear 👂 about this. I don’t really know him but if he was a poker writer that means he was family. My condolences 💐 go’s out to he’s family in this Troubled 😟 time. This is the worst thing about being a human .

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips

Thayer-Rasmussen.jpeg
My condolences to the family, loved ones and friends.

Its too bad that this has happened at such an early age.
We all know we have to go one day, but you just never expect it at such an age or even younger.

That's why we have to at least try to live a good and decent life, because one day we will have to account for our actions.
My sympathies to all.

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Those that knew him can treasure their memories

Sullivanryn88

Sullivanryn88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
bummer. having followed him when i first got into poker, you always know one thing is certain.
DEATH
clearly it was his time to do, being so similar to my age group. it just typically isnt what you expext to see.

RIP. thanks for all the inisght and thing ive learned over the years.

whinwa

whinwa

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Way too young ;( Best wishes to his family and friends.