PotRipper Scandal, is it real? (2007)

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone. I was searching some poker documentary's on youtube and came past this video:

I was curious about the PotRipper Scandal if it was true and found lots of results in google. I came past this video and it is insane how he won this tournament. He won almost every single hand. A lot of hero calls and a lot of bluffs at the right time, and huge laydowns at the right time. It is almost like he could look trough the cards. Here's a video of the hand history from the research:

What do you think? Is this real?

itsmebobd

itsmebobd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone. I was searching some poker documentary's on youtube and came past this video:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3tv-1rBJeY

I was curious about the PotRipper Scandal if it was true and found lots of results in google. I came past this video and it is insane how he won this tournament. He won almost every single hand. A lot of hero calls and a lot of bluffs at the right time, and huge laydowns at the right time. It is almost like he could look trough the cards. Here's a video of the hand history from the research:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FczbS7FiWSM

What do you think? Is this real?

It was confirmed and admitted he was a superuser on Absolute Bet and that other one.... he was a cheater and was caught, which killed the site AB and that other hellmuth one... ultimatebet it was. Same network, never really recovered from it

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was confirmed and admitted he was a superuser on Absolute Bet and that other one.... he was a cheater and was caught, which killed the site AB and that other hellmuth one... ultimatebet it was. Same network, never really recovered from it

Sick .. Had to be true after seeing some hands he played.

MTCashman

MTCashman

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately I believe it was true

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
100% true.

Ultimate Bet (AP was another skin) was the first place I played online and this was before FTP even was around in a major way. UB had the highest stakes cash games while Pstars had the tournament action.....

I wouldn't say UB went downhill solely because of the scandal, but it sure didn't help and it pushed it down further. The advent of FTP was the real game changer for UB/AP. Once FTP established itself it became the place for cash games and Pstars further entrentched itself as the donkament leader.

This was pretty much the situation from 2006-2011 with obviously a lot of stuff going on in Europe...once Party left after the UIGEA, it was Pstars and FTP all the way market share wise.

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So sick. Wondering now what happend with all the money people ''gave'' to him at the tables. Think atleast everyone who have played at the table against him should get their money back which they lost to him. And in MTT's if you've played in a hand against him you should get your buy-in back... And if he had to pay everything back?

L

losties

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remember seeing something like this. It's indeed that there are scammer on those poker sites back then but these days I'm sure that nothing like that could occur at all. I believe that they showed his winning graph or a players winning graph to prove that they are cheating. It's disgusting to the poker scene in my opinion.

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow you never heard about this?
Probably the biggest cheating Story in history of online poker

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
was it really that long ago? - wow im getting old lol

*yes it happened :(

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
About superuser , this is the real story on the forum 2+2 is very much evidence , what in the Cereus network were bugs and vulnerability in the client...

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
From what I remember the guy was one of the programmers of the software and he built in a backdoor so he could see everyone's hole cards, like was mentioned above it was a big story, I'm surprised you hadn't heard of it before now.

DaPirate

DaPirate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I remember that story and was actually a player on that site. Don't remember the player who was caught cheating but I would guess if there was 1 with the software, there were more and probably at different levels. That's what pushed me to leave and never play at that site/network again.

We are getting old! LOL

K

kyndlyon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
were there any lawsuits from this scandal?

L

losties

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There was a few interviews regarding the players that went against him. This is not the only incident, if you search up poker cheats then you will find a top 10 list of names and their stories. Some are rather funny :)