Polk, Neeme and Owen become partners in Texas cardroom, The Lodge.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Doug Polk, Andrew Neem and Brad Owen have teamed up to become partners in the Texas cardroom The Lodge in Round Rock, Austin, Texas.

Doug Polk had already moved from Las Vegas to Austin and Andrew Neeme and Brad Owen will be visiting monthly to play in meet up games.

I'll leave it to Doug Polk to explain how Texas Card Rooms are legal and flourishing...

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is very interesting!! I'm looking forward to how these guys may be merging live poker with online content. May make this card room a bucket list addition.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This is very interesting!! I'm looking forward to how these guys may be merging live poker with online content. May make this card room a bucket list addition.

Yes, it would appear the announcement has been received really well.

I think fans of the game all recognize that Polk, Neeme and Owen have worked really hard for years to bring poker content to the web. Additionally, when Neeme and Owen teamed up to stage 'meet up' games all around the US (and even as far as London) the heavy support they received at such events showed there was a grass roots appreciation for their commitment.

The Lodge was already established and much loved, so the partnership between all entities is a very shrewd move - I think everyone wishes them the best of luck and will be tuning into streams and other content...not to mention playing in the room itself!

ATL2000

ATL2000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good for them. It's cool to see successful players invest their money into a business like this.

Now as long as Texas doesn't decide to get strict about the poker loophole they will be golden.

:cool:

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Doug Polk, Andrew Neem and Brad Owen have teamed up to become partners in the Texas cardroom The Lodge in Round Rock, Austin, Texas.

Doug Polk had already moved from Las Vegas to Austin and Andrew Neeme and Brad Owen will be visiting monthly to play in meet up games.

I'll leave it to Doug Polk to explain how Texas Card Rooms are legal and flourishing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLS9vpQpjxE

It seems like this room could generate a lot of action.

They better hire some really good staff.

Cookie-cut into underserved markets? Sounds like a great business plan.

Sounds like fun - and yes worth a visit!

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Good for them. It's cool to see successful players invest their money into a business like this.

Now as long as Texas doesn't decide to get strict about the poker loophole they will be golden.

:cool:

Agreed.

I think the debacle at the 88 Social Club which Johnny Chan was a partner/investor in brought an unwelcome spotlight (they could not pay out winners) but that room has been since restructured I believe.

However, The Lodge seems to have a stellar reputation and in terms of the market segment itself, with some 60 poker rooms across Texas, I presume they are there to stay, especially if they are running their businesses on the up and up.

I have also read (can't remember where) that certain authorities (FBI?) had a run at the poker rooms and were found to have been fabricating evidence, so the case(s) were dropped. In the fall out, if I recall correctly, law enforcement was told to back off.

We'll see in good time.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
reaallly cool!
I love Doug Polks controversial smack talk and making fun of people.
He will make fun of anybody and boohooo.. i love it

Neeme and owen are great cash game players
but wont really be there

Mike Matusow is gonna be there for a meet and greet
now thats someone that I admire

He has so much dedication and drive for this game
The true unluckiest Champion of ALL TIME

Wish I was in austin Texas right now