D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Some familiar with my posts will know I have always knocked PokerGO (and the wsop) for placing all WSOP content, past and present behind its paywall- it is not good for the expansion of the game.

Well, I presume PokerGo are not getting the eyes they want behind the paywall so they have released (as a promotion) a final table stream of the $25,000 No Limit Hold'Em Final table. Over 100,000 have already watched it and I hope the WSOP remembers when hundreds of thousands watched the WSOP streams live to You Tube...anyways one and all can watch this! Enjoy!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Look forward to watching that! But I am sure it is purely promotional - not really relevant to them not getting enough eyes on their content so much as like any business just advertising for more.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Look forward to watching that! But I am sure it is purely promotional - not really relevant to them not getting enough eyes on their content so much as like any business just advertising for more.

Promotional yes, but not something they did last year, in terms of releasing a multi-hour stream, I believe.

The point I made concerning the paywall is before PokerGo took all WSOP content off You Tube (including historic content they had nothing to do with producing) millions of people were watching the WSOP streams year in and out. It was one of the best promotional tools to bring poker into the broader market place.

To underline that point you can go to You Tube and search European Poker Tour events. For example, I just searched Monte Carlo 2019 and each show (the edits following the live streams) average between 500,000 and close to one million views for the final table.

I am simply of the opinion that many activities need to provide 'free to air' content to promote to the broadest audience to grow interest and participation. But as noted, it obviously is being appreciated that PokerGo posted the stream as the viewership has risen by another 20,000 odd thousand since I first posted!

WSOP