From Poker News - Spraggy's epic bad beat.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess, it depends on our definition, but for me its not a bad beat, when the equities were so close, when the chips went in. For sure its a wacky runout, but all runouts are baked into that 51/49 math, and apart from the emotional factor, it makes no difference, if the board runs out like this or a come common runout like 5429A giving the opponent a higher one pair.

Also while the jam is an ok play, its also so marginal, that he could have passed on the spot to secure a min-cash. With a little under 10BB, we should expect to have less fold equity when rejamming and especially in a PKO, where people can win our bounty. And that definitely reduce the value of rejamming hands like 66, which dont dominate any of our opponents calling range.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
LOL ''Beat That ''

I read the article , preflop they were close , postflop everything seemed ideally , but this runout , 4 ofa kind and bigger kicker , rediculous way to bust in the bubble , but these happen , o fault on Spraggy's decisions . I read in the article that many think the streamers run hooter than the sun , so RNG favors them cause they are PS streamers and they need some good results ?? This is what streamers' chaters/watchers think ?? strange , I think it's the first time I hear/read this

Spraggy made a rediculous fold very deep in a SM , falling victim to a bluff , and as a result some hands later he busted the tournament , after this hand I like him less , it was a rediculous hand/decision . That is sth to talk about , this bad beat no :)

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Well, several streamers do play in a pretty wild style - Spraggy, Lex Veldhuis and Matthew and Jamie Staples etc. and it dies look suspect at times when hitting one outers etc.

However, on the bubble Spaggy pushing things, poker@luufyd pushing things also.

Still, Spraggy is doing fine as he just won his second WCOOP title (and he made some questionable calls along the way also).

But the way the hand played out was laughable.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
One would definitely not expect the hand to play out the way it did and bet that would raise an eyebrow or two. For me, it was a 'whoa' kind of hand.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
no bad beat....just bad luck.....things like this happen all the time....just suck it up and move on

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The variance is like this, there are times that it benefits you and other times that it does not ... there is no choice but to move on!