Poker is getting more TV exposure

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,really good news for US poker fans..When all states are regulated ,I hope the TV exposure will be as it used to be before Black Friday..

B

BasTid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find sports like Darts, Poker, Snooker all go on a rotation. At some stage the shine again, but its great news and perhaps it will go through a new golden age if they can find the right few people with the right mix of skill and showmanship.

Right now in poker, I can't think of anybody who you could say has that either they are stone cold computers or all show no but very inconsistent winning. I suppose in a game where your showmanship is a tell, it can be hard specially if people can review the video and find these tells. Best to give a little away as possible.

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is there is any kind of free streaming also ?

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This is a great move for poker.

The coverage extends to just over 100 million homes in total. The number of households in the US are approximately 130 million so around 75% of homes can now view poker content.

Regarding streaming- the WPT partners with Twitch and also post tournament content to You Tube.

The plus here is keeping poker content essentially free to air. I have noted before keeping poker content behind a paywall might be profitable for some and somewhat blithely accepted by the poker community- but it does nothing, absolutely nothing, to grow the game to a broader market.

So bravo WPT

GIRFIED

GIRFIED

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Over time many things have changed in the world of poker, but the promotion of poker on TV is one of the best tools available. I still remember the first time I saw the WPT on ESPN, it was when I fell in love with the poker, in is those times I enjoyed spending the nights watching the poker series, is not surprising that now fans want more access to content thanks to the evolution of poker entertainment.