Poker Ambassador and Celebrity Mike Sexton has passed away :(

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a good time to remind men over 50 to get their prostate health checked.

Prostate cancer screening is very important.

At the very least get a PSA test.

RIP Mike Sexton !
Prostate cancer is a silent killer guys. If you don't get checked, you don't know you've got it till it's too late. That means a regular PSA blood test and YES, the finger up the butt examination. That's the quickest and easiest way for your doctor to get a real good idea of whether or not you're at risk. A couple of minutes of embarrassment can mean the difference between life and a painful death.

I'm "living" proof that it pays to get checked.

RIP Mike - you will be missed!

Last edited:
KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sad news from yesterday...
Mike Sexton, former WPT commentator, Poker Ambassador, celebrity, and all-round classy gentleman peacefully passed away Sunday at his home in Las Vegas.
Mike Sexton, Iconic Poker Commentator, Hall of Famer, Passes Away at 72
hi hi shellie :ciao"
i very very sad of this
he good person, huge benefit to poker community
i watch him on tv.. so much knowledge, respect for players & CLASS (some these macho alpha rude males need use example)
he make me wish learn & play poker

shells... maybe cardschat do something for his honour?
perhaps a special memorial tournie or event?
if i can help in this or give monies for event prize, i volunteer

blond.jpg

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.This man did a lot for this game (party poker,World Poker Tour...).He will he missed.RIP Mike Sexton

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
hi hi shellie :ciao"
i very very sad of this
he good person, huge benefit to poker community
i watch him on tv.. so much knowledge, respect for players & CLASS (some these macho alpha rude males need use example)
he make me wish learn & play poker

shells... maybe cardschat do something for his honour?
perhaps a special memorial tournie or event?
if i can help in this or give monies for event prize, i volunteer

blond.jpg

What a nice thought, Krista! That is something you should contact Debi with. She will be able to give you an answer to that. :)

AndyGamesPoker

AndyGamesPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A true legend of the game. He will be missed and always remembered. RIP Mike Sexton <3

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
poker ambassador

poker players may leave us but their legacy remains legends are born

S

spr0ck3t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
RIP to a legend - I've used old poker tournaments as background noise for years; it's suddenly kind of a melancholy experience.

I hope he's somewhere raking monster pots and always holding live cards.

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the truth my condolences to the grieving family, the best poker announcer, hopefully god comfort the family

Swat1197

Swat1197

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sad, he answered my questions a few times

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Sharing in your sadness as we remember Mike Sexton, a voice we miss already

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is very sad news. I watched the World Series of Poker Tournament of Champions 2006 yesterday. Mike Sexton has the lowest pair on the Board with a hand of 73 and reveals Mike Matusov's bluff at the final table. And now I see this news today. Mike Sexton is a style icon in the poker world. I think I'll leave this record for nostalgic memories.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65bWhBfKxj0

I've watched this TOC numerous times over the years, and I feel like Daniel and Mike the Mouth underestimated Mike's play at one point during the video (when they were discussing a hand that Sexton was in). But, I felt like Sexton's call on Matusow with bottom pair was really the beginning of the end for Matusow. Then, when he got heads-up with Daniel, aside from the deck being in his favor, he played extremely well, and more than held his own. Winning a WPT in Montreal a few years ago was also proof of that. Based on some of the criteria of the Poker HOF, specifically "standing the test of time", he sure did check that box.

What a nice thought, Krista! That is something you should contact Debi with. She will be able to give you an answer to that. :)

I have a thought - The one game that CardsChat hosts on Party, it should be named the Mike Sexton weekly invitational, in his honor. I'm unsure of the logistics that would go into doing that, but it's just a thought.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have a thought - The one game that CardsChat hosts on Party, it should be named the Mike Sexton weekly invitational, in his honor. I'm unsure of the logistics that would go into doing that, but it's just a thought.

Thanks for this, Shum. I'm not sure if we can do this but I will pass it along. :)

rrickir

rrickir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was very sad when I read that news a few days ago also. That was one of my favorite shows with the World Poker Tour back in the day and I enjoyed the commentary and the banter between Mike and Vince Van Patten also. He always seems like a really classy guy and I know he will be missed in the poker world

B

BeatrixK

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very sad. Sincere condolences to family and friends.

From a viewer standpoint, he was one of the people who non-players might identify as a face of poker since he guided tv audiences through the action when it first started airing with more regularity. His insight and demeanor, respect for the game, and knowledge about the who's who in the poker world will be missed.

D

Deeznutzzzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rip Mike Sexton. He brought class and dignity to every broadcast I saw him in and when he was on the table he truly had the super personality one could only hope for in a rounder.

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I enjoyed watching his commentary, RIP Mike :(