Phil H vs Tom Dwan Heads-up - AGAIN! (including updates)

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Mark on your calendars, folks! Phil Hellmuth and Tom Dwan are scheduled a High Stakes Duel rematch for January 26, 2022 in Las Vegas!

As per usual, the event will be aired by PokerGo and the first hour of the Heads-up battle will be aired on the PokerGo YouTube channel.

Will you be tuning in?

Hellmuth and Dwan to Tangle Again in $400K ‘High Stakes Duel’

DTaboada

DTaboada

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I live within 7 or 8 hundred miles of Vegas, so if the weather cooperates I should be able to sit out on the back patio with my favorite adult beverage & listen Phil whine, without any problem. ;)

Wauuuu. Fantastic opportunity tô learn real poker!

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Glad to hear that Helmuth wants a rematch. To be honest, I don't think either has that much of an advantage in a one off HU match, though I'd prefer Dwan to come out on top.

Kudos however to include the clip of Dwan giving Phil Helmuth a bad beat in the HU championship in the early days of Dwan's career. It's one of my favorite clips, I have it on my computer...in fact I have a few clips of Helmuth self-immolating on file.

One minute standing up and swaggering around in the center of the room to let one and all know he has Dwan on the ropes...then the bust and then the typical 'Son, I will tell you this much son...' lecture to which Dwan replies 'I was going to say good game, sorry for the suck out, but....'

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Glad to hear that Helmuth wants a rematch. To be honest, I don't think either has that much of an advantage in a one off HU match, though I'd prefer Dwan to come out on top.

Kudos however to include the clip of Dwan giving Phil Helmuth a bad beat in the HU championship in the early days of Dwan's career. It's one of my favorite clips, I have it on my computer...in fact I have a few clips of Helmuth self-immolating on file.

One minute standing up and swaggering around in the center of the room to let one and all know he has Dwan on the ropes...then the bust and then the typical 'Son, I will tell you this much son...' lecture to which Dwan replies 'I was going to say good game, sorry for the suck out, but....'

The clip you are referring to is one my favourites, too!

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Phil Hellmuth doesn't know such a word as losing. The rematch was a matter of time. The rules of the "High Stakes Duel" provide for this, but now the stakes are doubling. I think I'll be able to watch the first hour of the Heads-up Battle on the PokerGo. Then we will have to wait for the highlights of the best hands.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the info Shells!

I think this is good news for me to put in my reminder to see if I feel like watching the broadcast.

It will be a good HU match! :D

C

Clutchdenier

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Really excited to see this - Hellmuth has been on a huge heater and I'm curious what swan will bring to the table and how well Hellmuth adjusts

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That Tom dwan gto surprise is long time past and gone
Hellmuth is gonna decimate him at his own game now
send him packing back to macau!

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Phil Hellmuth doesn't know such a word as losing. The rematch was a matter of time. The rules of the "High Stakes Duel" provide for this, but now the stakes are doubling. I think I'll be able to watch the first hour of the Heads-up Battle on the PokerGo. Then we will have to wait for the highlights of the best hands.

Tom is the only person to have crushed his spirit, where he played so scared
he wouldn't even limp with 8's.
Everyone knows losing
its what we do afterwards that counts

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
That Tom dwan gto surprise is long time past and gone
Hellmuth is gonna decimate him at his own game now
send him packing back to macau!

We shall see, won't we?

Tom took on Phil in the first round and came out the victor. I think this re-match will be awesome, honestly and we will see if the first round was a fluke or not.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks Shells - I always seem to get the latest poker news first here on cardschat :)

This sounds like a good matchup between two great poker players.

W

waynaldo009

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love watching Phil spazz out.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
38 hours before the start of the duel. If I'm wrong about the time, then it's the fault of Poker Go, which shows this information.:secruity:

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
rooting for Tom

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I believe this is the third HU round between these two, didn't Tom win two already?

Will watch first hour on YouTube, don't have PokerGO currently but loved it when I was subscribed, fantastic back catalogue!

Last edited:
Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I believe this is the third HU round between these two, didn't Tom win two already?

Will watch first hour on YouTube, don't have PokerGO currently but loved it when I was subscribed, fantastic back catalogue!

You are right, Tracid. This is the 3rd round - I'm thinking it's like the 2nd scheduled event, if that makes sense. Two rounds played the first go and now this one WHICH by the way, begins tomorrow!

https://twitter.com/PokerGO/status/1485674186811088905

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hell yes i am tuning In!

Mark on your calendars, folks! Phil Hellmuth and Tom Dwan are scheduled a High Stakes Duel rematch for January 26, 2022 in Las Vegas!

As per usual, the event will be aired by PokerGo and the first hour of the Heads-up battle will be aired on the PokerGo YouTube channel.

Will you be tuning in?

Hellmuth and Dwan to Tangle Again in $400K ‘High Stakes Duel’

Can i afford to miss another possible series of Hellmuth blow ups? Hell no - this could yet again be epic Shells and thank you for pointing this out - i will check my Pokergo and see where this is streaming for a surefire tune in :)

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always like Hellmuth to win, like he says, he is a bad loser, but he is gentle when he wins..

And he is not that bad of a loser nowadays, his rants are more controlled now

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Excellent match, with this kind of tournaments you learn a lot about poker strategies, we will see how it goes.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Here's a link to the PokerGo 1-hour free stream of the Heads Up match scheduled for 8:00 p.m. ET.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
1am local time for me but still intend to catch the first hour! :icon_thum

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
We can use this thread for comments during the stream and any updates for this event. :)

Go Phil! :)