Online poker and tells? Yes, it's true when playing on Zoom!

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hi Shells,

My $.02 worth...the article is a nice checkered flag to be aware of possible online tells only.
I was at the Toronto Convention Center where Joe Navarro was presenting during a poker convention. Aside from my disappointment with the lecture, where he nearly fell off the end of the stage because he forgot where he was standing, I was also disappointed with his responses to a couple of questions off-podium regarding "micro-expressions" concerning a pioneer in this field (an aspect of body language that I consider as important but was not mentioned during the lecture). Another thing, as I was approaching him to ask my questions, he was disparaging the audience to one of the organizers..."pandering to plebians.." was what I remember hearing.

Regarding live games...watch a podcast with "Jungleman" where he describes some of the "games" he was involved with as "surreal"...the link to a particular one I remember exists within CC. The AI program "Pluribus" is another thing thing to look at. You can't be taught if you can't learn...and if you can't learn fast you won't have a chance to learn much;)

Poker Tells