Online poker in Pennsylvania is looking murky

J

jbear54321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that it will be legal in all states at some point. I wish they would just get it over with now and make it legal!

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think that it will be legal in all states at some point. I wish they would just get it over with now and make it legal!

That would be lovely if online poker was legal in all states but as most things there is a lengthy process at the state level.

Up until about a month ago, online poker looked pretty much possible in Pennsylvania. This pretty much says it all in a nutshell

(taken from the article)
It means that while online poker operators in Pennsylvania can run games with a local-only player pool, they won’t be allowed to join any bigger pools located in other states.

N

nomorkevm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone from the state of Pennsylvania might not think it is all that good for online poker.

Still better than NY and better than what they currently have in PA. I live 10 miles from the border and expect to relocate there if and when PS is set up. I also believe that eventually they will all be combined. Here is to hope! :)

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Still better than NY and better than what they currently have in PA. I live 10 miles from the border and expect to relocate there if and when PS is set up. I also believe that eventually they will all be combined. Here is to hope! :)

You are right! The situation in Pennsylvania is better than NY and yes, there is hope for everyone...hopefully sooner rather than later..lol

T

TossUpKing

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read this same article a couple days ago, as I have been watching this very closely ( I live in PA ) Not sure why I expected anything different, but I was understood it would be merging the states, yeah. Maybe not Las Vegas, but New Jersey I thought was? Hopefully they still end up allowing it.. good luck us

Pharaoh39

Pharaoh39

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

It's getting ready to be 8 years since Black Friday. I want it to be legal again too, but it's not going to happen anytime soon. I think Sportsbetting will be excepted before online poker.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
(taken from the article)
It means that while online poker operators in Pennsylvania can run games with a local-only player pool, they won’t be allowed to join any bigger pools located in other states.

Prolly did this to protect Steve & G/P from there ownselves. :)

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Americans are very good poker players. I wish you more likely to open up access to online poker. How do you players play offline without sattelite and I don’t understand without regular games.

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
It is a pity that in many countries poker is not legal and I'm angry as I can not play in many sites. The Government need to think about it because poker is not just gambling and sports.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

NeillyAA

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is great!

this is amazing news for online poker.

Currently play on wsop.com in LV for a living.

This will make tournaments smaller and fill cash games with fish at each limit.

Certainly wsop.com LV will be tougher than wsop.com pA etc, but this protects the fish, and keeps the games soft.

Tournaments can always stay big on offshore sites, but this is a big win for 99% of poker players, as it keeps the games from being infested by every strong vegas/nj reg.