Online poker icon Dusty Schmidt has passed away at age 40

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It's a sad day for the poker community. The passing of Dusty 'Leatherass' Schmidt was announced by his long-time friend and golf pro, Kevin Na. It has been reported that Dusty had suffered from a heart defect since birth and had had a heart attack in his twenties. Dusty will be long remembered for his accomplishments and his influence.

Super Grinder Dusty Schmidt Passes Away, Aged 40

RVTR7777

RVTR7777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very young boy, a lifetime ahead of us very sad may God console the family we lost a great poker player.

topcatbrazil

topcatbrazil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think he was one of the clients in the famous book "The mental game of poker" by Jared Tendler. I am sorry to hear the news.

RoviP

RoviP

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sometimes life is so brief, rest in peace, as for us, we should enjoy life.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thanks for bumping this, @RakeshKumar , because I had no idea, either! I believe Dusty aka Leatherass9 was one of the first poker pros to frequent CardsChat many many years ago. Talked to him a few times through social media, and was always a nice dude. Sad to hear he passed a year and a half ago, and didn't know.

N

NaimaAvery

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I heard that Leatherass was an icon in the online poker world, and his legacy will live on. Heartbreaking to hear he struggled with a heart defect since birth and had a heart attack in his twenties. Life can be so unfair sometimes.
My deepest condolences to his family and friends, especially Kevin Na. Losing someone so influential is never easy.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to really enjoy his training videos.

He had some great stories from playing golf against Tiger to the mathematics behind peeing in a bottle.