The November 9

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who is going to watch the wsop Main Event final table when it resumes Nov. 8? I'll watch some of it, but it's pretty boring considering how long it takes. I posted some ideas for ways to make it more exciting in my latest blog post. Namely, pick up the pace with shorter levels (one hour instead of two hours) and a 90-second clock for the players. And I want a permanent ban on chip riffling! Check it out by clicking on the link below and then post your ideas on ways to make it more exciting to watch on TV!

StArDemonn

StArDemonn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:eek: Can't wait

Attachments

• wsop.jpg
    wsop.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 88
BiliousBetil

BiliousBetil

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who is going to watch the WSOP Main Event final table when it resumes Nov. 8? I'll watch some of it, but it's pretty boring considering how long it takes. I posted some ideas for ways to make it more exciting in my latest blog post. Namely, pick up the pace with shorter levels (one hour instead of two hours) and a 90-second clock for the players. And I want a permanent ban on chip riffling! Check it out by clicking on the link below and then post your ideas on ways to make it more exciting to watch on TV!

Nice to see some constructive suggestions. That said, the only one I would support is the shot clock, which I think is long over due.

Cheers!

PCK

PCK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watched every year from the last 5 years the WSOP ft,for sure i will not miss this :D

T

touchmytallalla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its very sad we wont see Negreanu. He will sure make the show at the final table. 2nd time eliminated at 11 place, so sick. I think it will be the most boring final table ever, but still will be watching translation from final table.

H

HappyGilmore

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
chip riffling drives me crazy and I'm just watching the dam thing. I could not imagine sitting for hours while someone constantly fiddles with their chips. Its like sitting beside someone who keeps popping their chewing gum. I like the idea of faster play but I don't think changing the blinds would make a huge difference at this point. I think players should have to make a decision within at least 90 seconds. Give them maybe 1 or 2 extensions per hour. Maybe base that on the # of players left.
I will definitely watch, but to say I'll watch every hand would be a lie..
I like posts like this that generate different opinions from members. Best of luck..

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Listen closely when a player is taking a long time to make a decision and the announcers have run out of things to say. At least 5-6 players at the table are sitting their riffling their chips. It's just a constant, irritating noise!

PacMan

PacMan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is certainly very interesting. But I look to the clean version has significant hands.

arizoney

arizoney

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I might watch it! After watching in the prior years it was interesting i guess. But im tired of waiting for November for the game to finish. Just play the dam game till its over. But the good ol wsop boys has to milk it for every thing they can heck they have that right. After watching how they have handled things in the past i feel that there present format is a FAIL. I know of a lot of people who feel the same. I bet next year you will see changes in a different direction. I will only watch the live feed of this event if it is convenient to do so like i have on the espn shows of the days leading up to the final 9. Shoot i will watch on youtube if nothing else.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I wasn't planning to until I started watching the ESPN coverage. I'll watch, but they have to find a way to make it play quicker. How about a 1/2 hour tape delay, but edit out some of the dead time (use it for commercials?) and improve the action?

AlyLauren

AlyLauren

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since its too long, it becomes boring but I guess I'm gonna try to watch it.

O

oshriam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
think i will watch only the last 20 mines of it... too long for watch..

papi1207

papi1207

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Will I watch ? Yes of course but is boring to die. Must make some changes to speed up the game and to limit empty time.

guicor30

guicor30

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is always good to see these events, it helps us a lot with our game.
it is also entertaining to watch the events.

skull89

skull89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course it will be thrilling!! I can't wait.

Acehigh562

Acehigh562

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah same here cant't wait. I bet all 9 players can't also its gonna be tough to sleep the night before.

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been watching the shows on ESPN, and they are always fun to watch. They did a profile on the young German player (Holz) and he talked about how his strength is reading his opponents, yet he misread 3 straight hands (at least that they showed) that ended up taking a huge chunk of his chips.
He raised two players with J-8 from the button, then bet the 10-3-3 flop after one of his opponents flopped a full house. Then he bet even larger on the turn, and his opponent once again check-called. Holz hit a Jack on the river to give him a top pair, but he just checked it.
Then he did the same thing later with J-10. He raised preflop, then bet 120k after the J-5-7 flop, only to be re-raised to 400k. He called. Then after a 3 on the turn, he check-called a 350k bet, then checked the river and lost to a K-J.
Then he had A-2 on the button and called Negreanu's (10-8) pre-flop raise. The flop came 10-4-2. Holz check-called a 90k bet. After the K on the river, he check-called Negreanu's 210k bet. After another K on the river, it went check-check.
Then he lost two-thirds of his stack when he played an 8-7 against an A-K and kept betting after an A-J-8 flop, Q turn and 9 river. He shoved all-in after the river and got called.
Obviously the guy is a good player, but he misread his opponent clearly on the first 3 hands and then underestimated his opponent on the 4th hand.

CincyTim83

CincyTim83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I reay dont like the "november nine" scenario. I think i takes away from the momentum a player has entering the final table. I mean what if the NBA did that? A team goes on a 20-4 run to take a one point lead just to have the game postponed for 4 months and teleivised on primetime. lol doesnt make sense

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Maybe, if I am bored & there is nothing more interesting to do, my guess is there will be.

rrickir

rrickir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I reay dont like the "november nine" scenario. I think i takes away from the momentum a player has entering the final table. I mean what if the NBA did that? A team goes on a 20-4 run to take a one point lead just to have the game postponed for 4 months and teleivised on primetime. lol doesnt make sense

i completelty agree with this>>:) and think it has taken away the excitemement from the main event,, by the time november comes,,,most people have lost interest in it now,,,, i guess i wil watch if it jsut comes on while i have the tv on LOL,,,, but wont go out a way to watch now....

NumberOneRhino

NumberOneRhino

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe if people quit watching they would change it.

CincyTim83

CincyTim83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe if people quit watching they would change it.

Yea the poker boom is slowing down a tad bit but, not enough to change anything yet. I honestly think it will take off again if the U.S. allows internet poker nationwide again.

CincyTim83

CincyTim83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been watching the shows on ESPN, and they are always fun to watch. They did a profile on the young German player (Holz) and he talked about how his strength is reading his opponents, yet he misread 3 straight hands (at least that they showed) that ended up taking a huge chunk of his chips.
He raised two players with J-8 from the button, then bet the 10-3-3 flop after one of his opponents flopped a full house. Then he bet even larger on the turn, and his opponent once again check-called. Holz hit a Jack on the river to give him a top pair, but he just checked it.
Then he did the same thing later with J-10. He raised preflop, then bet 120k after the J-5-7 flop, only to be re-raised to 400k. He called. Then after a 3 on the turn, he check-called a 350k bet, then checked the river and lost to a K-J.
Then he had A-2 on the button and called Negreanu's (10-8) pre-flop raise. The flop came 10-4-2. Holz check-called a 90k bet. After the K on the river, he check-called Negreanu's 210k bet. After another K on the river, it went check-check.
Then he lost two-thirds of his stack when he played an 8-7 against an A-K and kept betting after an A-J-8 flop, Q turn and 9 river. He shoved all-in after the river and got called.
Obviously the guy is a good player, but he misread his opponent clearly on the first 3 hands and then underestimated his opponent on the 4th hand.

Yea its hard to get a actual read on how these new people play because we are getting just a limited number of hands seen. But I also believe they do that to intice people just like a holtz or a beckley. Have you noticed thats all they promote from the "new kids" then the pros the negraneu and others are shown making tougher laydowns.