No more poker for Belarus

Minsk Pavel

Minsk Pavel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you have any 'news' links to support the claim?

Unfortunately we don't have any news right now. The main web portal of Belarus -Tut.by was closed a few days ago. There are hundreds of political prisoners right now, including journalists, politicians and ordinary people... A lot of bad things are happening.

Hopefully, the news is coming soon. Sorry

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
No, this is because our government wants PokerStars and other platforms to pay fees in order to operate in Belarus. This is how they usually make money... extra fees, fines, confiscations at customs, taking someone else's business...

You sure you aren't the only one experiencing this "problem" ...
Like mentioned above other belarussians didn't seem to have same difficulties entering these sites yesterday and today ...

Minsk Pavel

Minsk Pavel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You sure you aren't the only one experiencing this "problem" ...
Like mentioned above other belarussians didn't seem to have same difficulties entering these sites yesterday and today ...

Everything is possible, Risto234. I need more time to figure out what is going on. But it looks like a serious problem because the main poker web sites are down in Belarus and therefore new players will not be able to download online poker cardrooms.

Last edited:
Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Unfortunately we don't have any news right now. The main web portal of Belarus -Tut.by was closed a few days ago. There are hundreds of political prisoners right now, including journalists, politicians and ordinary people... A lot of bad things are happening.

Hopefully, the news is coming soon. Sorry

I do hope the issues will be resolved. If you do happen upon any news regarding this, please let us know.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
this is really sad news, i hope that if it is true that it is only temporary and that you will soon be able to return to normal at the poker tables.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
The best way to find out is to contact support. Maybe you just have a software glitch:)

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Sad news, Cardschaters.

I have failed to open poker web sites in my browser.
Pokerstars, 888 Poker, Unibet poker... are now down in Belarus.
Looks like Belarusian players will not be able to play poker online anymore.

Hey Pavel.
I saw many players from Belarus on Pokerstars today. Maybe if you use some kind of VPN you'll be able to get around whatever is blocking your access. Good luck man.

gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sad news, Cardschaters.

Sad news, I hope that change will not be definitive, and this situation can be resolve soon, greetings.

toni_brasco

toni_brasco

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sad news, Cardschaters.

Pavel i have installed sec vpn on my mobile and now i am able to log in on my williamshill poker account which is banned here in croatia, so try to do so and then choose maybe vpn from germany and continue to play.
On my computer I use TOR browser to download latest updates for 888- this browser also hiding my ipn adress, so I'm able to do it- in googke chrome always sending me on Croatian government tax page.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How can the government block playing at pokerstars? You have the client installed on your desktop correctly!When you open the client, the download is in progress?I don't understand how the blocking occurs

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pavel i have installed sec vpn on my mobile and now i am able to log in on my williamshill poker account which is banned here in croatia, so try to do so and then choose maybe vpn from Germany and continue to play.
On my computer I use TOR browser to download latest updates for 888- this browser also hiding my ipn adress, so I'm able to do it- in googke chrome always sending me on Croatian government tax page.

Germany is not really good choice for VPN because some poker rooms and events are not available in Germany, there are a lot of issues there due some new laws. That#s why I would suggest any other country for VPN

toni_brasco

toni_brasco

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Germany is not really good choice for VPN because some poker rooms and events are not available in Germany, there are a lot of issues there due some new laws. That#s why I would suggest any other country for VPN
Yes, you are right, must be some other country, you need to explore...

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Maybe use a VPN with Russian or other countries IP and log in again, your ISP will not detect you.

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Maybe use a VPN with Russian or other countries IP and log in again, your ISP will not detect you.

there is one unpleasant moment, pokerstars can block the account when using VPN (if only it is detected) .
however, it can be used on 888 Poker party poker.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

Im sure it is the tyranical dictator, who is restricting comunication with the rest of the world.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
there is one unpleasant moment, pokerstars can block the account when using VPN (if only it is detected) .
however, it can be used on 888 poker party poker.

I thought this was breaking the TOS ?

V

vinest

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a couple of weeks ago I read the news that they want to hold a series of offline poker in Minsk, but after the incident with the plane it will probably be canceled.

O

Oksana55

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pavel. I downloaded unibet and PokerStars from Karchar, they start 888 eights, they don't want to start.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not surprised. Lukashenka is a pretty tough dictator.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the same problem as in Serbia due to the restrictive policy of the Government

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I would not recommend using a vpn because if it is not allowed in your own country to play on one of the online poker sites then it is forbidden for the poker sites to accept such people. You may even be banned from the site for attempting to cheat. I don't even know how to do it with vpn because you have to verify yourself and then they'll see where you're from.

Poma Lekain

Poma Lekain

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Damn, very bad news.