No more poker for Belarus

Minsk Pavel

Minsk Pavel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sad news, Cardschaters.

I have failed to open poker web sites in my browser.
pokerstars, 888 Poker, unibet poker... are now down in Belarus.
Looks like Belarusian players will not be able to play poker online anymore.

Last edited:
Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Sad news, Cardschaters.

Pokerstars, 888 Poker, Unibet poker... are now down in Belarus.

is this because of recent incident right :hmmmm2:

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Sad news, Cardschaters.

Pokerstars, 888 Poker, Unibet poker... are now down in Belarus.

I see 6 players from Belarus playing on ZooM tables right now

wrzlbrnft

wrzlbrnft

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Right now, Belarus is still on a 888 table

Attachments

• bela.jpg
    bela.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 171
belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Drives me crazy that governments, big tech and banks want to be glorified babysitters. Honestly, let people make their own choices. Isn't that why we all pay taxes? Here is your money, now leave me alone. Whole world has gone to poop.

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This clearly has something to do with that incident a few days ago regarding the plane flight that was diverted and made to land in Vilnius, I believe it was?

Tragic news, I think my Team Captain in the CC League is from Belarus, but perhaps I am mistaken... he has said nothing about this so far, but I cannot be certain where he lives.

The poker world continues to fracture into many pieces, who will care for us? Governments continue to fight amongst themselves, our world is evil and corrupt. Can't we just all get along? sigh

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
If this is true, it would be terrible news for recreational players in this country. Professionals can find another country to continue playing, as with players from other countries

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Complicated situation, I hope it is not definitive or for a long period as we have seen in other countries.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This clearly has something to do with that incident a few days ago regarding the plane flight that was diverted and made to land in Vilnius, I believe it was?

Ah, yes. This very well could have something to do with that issue.

And for curiosity's sake, I did happen to check yesterday's PokerStars freeroll and noticed there were a couple of members from Belarus who finished in the top 60. Whether or not they are actually in Belarus, I have no way of knowing.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What a shame that this is happening with Belarus. Can someone give a link to see this history of the plane, I have not had time to see the news and it sounds very interesting. Thank you for any information you can provide. Regards.

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
I don't know which country you think I am from but it's certainly nothing like that image.

D

daniel411

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today at Pokerstars i saw several players from Belarus at the tabel.

Minsk Pavel

Minsk Pavel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been searching for any kind of information to recognize your statement that Belarus has been banned from playing online poker.

This is my 2nd request to provide reported information on this topic.

Sorry for answering so late. I got home a few minutes ago. I could not find any news today and yesterday (partly because our main news web site is down (tut.by), but it is impossible to visit pokerstars.com, 888poker.com, unibet.com and other sites. I tried to do it from home and from work. When I tried to open PokerStars.com from work there was the following message: "Access to the information resource is limited on the basis of the decision of the Ministry of Information of the Republic of Belarus, adopted in accordance with the Law of the Republic of Belarus "On Mass Media"
When I am typing pokerstars.com now, the following message appears: you can not access this website. That's it. Nothing!

I was able to open my PokersStars account a few minutes ago, but failed to open Unibet and 888 Poker.