Nicklas Bendtner loses $7 Million and gains a lesson

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Former Arsenal star Nicklas Bendtner has described how one night changed his perspective on poker. Although it may have cost him $7 million to figure that out, it seems as though it was money well spent for him. Bendtner’s average stake is now $14 and he plays for the love of playing.

An expensive lesson to learn, don't you think?

Nicklas Bendtner Learns Valuable Poker Lesson After Losing $7 Million

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the most interesting thing about this story is, how a mediocre player like him, managed to make so much money playing football? Imagine how much money a top player in Premier league is really earning nowdays

gravac

gravac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Me having mind blowing 7M$ I would invest in buildings, 3-4$ put them on rent for the rest of my life, other 2M$ I would buy gold as a back-up, with the remaining 1M$ I would travel the world with my family and never ever in the life I would feel need to play poker or to work something else witch include risk from losing money. Happy end for most of the people with little rational thinking.
But, there is always one "but" greed is the most common enemy on today's society, I'm happy he manege to escape with a loss from "only 7M$".

L

LSTBrand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very expensiv lesson but if I once have the money that could happen to me to...

S

Slacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would have liked to have heard a little more about the game that busted him. Kind of a vague article but interesting nonetheless.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
700k a year on average is probably no bother to him if he was earning over 3 million a year at the time.

P

Perihelion

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Lord Bendtner, self professed GOAT, if he scored that chance against Barcelona his stock would have skyrocketed, he probably would have got a better contract and covered the £7m.

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is a scary reminder to never cross the line between a healthy hobby and what can be a life destroying habit. $7M...holy cannolis!

C

Chicungulla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lose 7 million win a lesson lol that's crazy but for us mortals who do not have that amount is crazy. if you contact me for only 1 million I give you all the life lessons possible hehehe ....

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I remember this football player. Bendtner plays for love of the game of poker. We know now how much this love cost.:nurse:

darionara

darionara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow what a surprising news that leaves me speechless had to learn a lesson

R

Richard Grant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A tenner can mean a lot to a man who's got nothing and 50k nothing much to the big timers.

Golfer Lee Trevino said real pressure was playing for a fiver when you didn't have it. You ave your big chance in sport, maybe your not good enough to create many opportunities, so that moment assumes much more importance.

As long as he was never going to bust himself no biggie. Now think of the guy taking a pay day loan out to gamble and losing it all, paying stupid interest. He can't afford to lose, can easily spiral down.

R

rmbmr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kiskacsy88

Kiskacsy88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it fits him enough money to raise during his career

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OMG 7 million is a lot of money to lose in poker, he has paid a very expensive lesson

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If his average stake was $14, the lesson should have cost around $1400.
7 mil loss is hardly a lesson to learn from, it's a sign of full blown, out of control gambling addiction.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If his average stake was $14, the lesson should have cost around $1400.
7 mil loss is hardly a lesson to learn from, it's a sign of full blown, out of control gambling addiction.
I agree with you, (out of control gambling)

A

Allyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Former Arsenal star Nicklas Bendtner has described how one night changed his perspective on poker. Although it may have cost him $7 million to figure that out, it seems as though it was money well spent for him. Bendtner’s average stake is now $14 and he plays for the love of playing.

An expensive lesson to learn, don't you think?

Nicklas Bendtner Learns Valuable Poker Lesson After Losing $7 Million
Nicklas Bendtner is not a person I would believe.
He considers himself to be one of the top players and has even said he’s the best when the stats are there for all to see, that he was a fringe player for Arsenal and dropped down the league’s very quickly after. He is an egomaniac and loves to embellish everything he’s involved in.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Nicklas Bendtner is not a person I would believe.
He considers himself to be one of the top players and has even said he’s the best when the stats are there for all to see, that he was a fringe player for Arsenal and dropped down the league’s very quickly after. He is an egomaniac and loves to embellish everything he’s involved in.

I'm sure there is a way to confirm he, in fact, lost $7 Million in poker. Regardless of what kind of footballer he is/was, he did have a hard lesson to learn from the loss.

A

Allyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sure there is a way to confirm he, in fact, lost $7 Million in poker. Regardless of what kind of footballer he is/was, he did have a hard lesson to learn from the loss.
But there’s not. He has no proof, just his usual ego. He probably said it with a smile. I’m not having a go at you.
I’ve just heard all sorts come out of his mouth over the years, and that’s why I would not believe him if he told me the time

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
But there’s not. He has no proof, just his usual ego. He probably said it with a smile. I’m not having a go at you.
I’ve just heard all sorts come out of his mouth over the years, and that’s why I would not believe him if he told me the time

Totally understand.

A

Allyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Totally understand.
Thank you. A lot of people get personally offended just because someone has a different opinion. I’m glad some can see it’s not always personal.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thank you. A lot of people get personally offended just because someone has a different opinion. I’m glad some can see it’s not always personal.

I know what you mean.

I do try hard not to be offended by anything typed in a thread/forum etc. because we know how easy it is to misinterpret something, if we leave out a word or two, etc.

You are ok with me! :)

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The law of conservation of millions, somewhere they were lost, and somewhere they were added:)