Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have one of Daniel's poker books and he talks about not playing on tilt.He sure didn't follow his own advice.Sounded like," spoiled kid poker".
I don't know about that ^ He did actually 're-enter' and ended up taking second place for ~260,000 euros.

doncaster

doncaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well I for one am happy this happened.Why do these Pro's have to jump out of their seat to talk to other players at other tables?Hey,sit down,shut up and play at your own table,mind your own business.
Wait till the break to go walk about or fold your hand and leave the table.
It is so frustrating to have to wait while some players engage in a chat about"how did you go last night?" and have to listen to their bad beat stories....
So I reckon good on the dealer and TD for the ruling and Negreanu.....bad luck but even you must obey the rules !!!!

F

frankrizzojr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i did not know Daniel got new hair ... good for him

italiano

italiano

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not know why sometimes as high level players like Negreanu is exposed to a situation like this! Should have taken more calmly!

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniel is, and always has been, a stickler about idiot rules. He speaks out. I don't blame him. He has to live in that world.

-

jedimindpicks

jedimindpicks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think he is a good guy all around but this does not shock me at all, but hey if you have the cash to throw away and you wanna throw a hissy.... he did get people talking about it.

Michael Paler

Michael Paler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think he is a good guy all around but this does not shock me at all, but hey if you have the cash to throw away and you wanna throw a hissy.... he did get people talking about it.

True, I just hope if I ever get to where I can afford to blow off 10k, I'm wise enough not to do it.:icon_scra

V

VGlebas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol love negreanu he does everything what other players hasnt done ever :D

aa88wildbill

aa88wildbill

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Daniel be to take a break from poker! You should always keep your emotions in check. It's a game of money management, it's not personal. He's a professional you should know better.

Michael Paler

Michael Paler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know about that ^ He did actually 're-enter' and ended up taking second place for ~260,000 euros.

Not surprising to hear you say that.

"So from here I lose it a little bit and react in anger. I decide I just don't want to be there anymore so I ship my chips in blind from the button and get called by the small blind"
Daniel Negreanu

No, that was not tilting and failing to follow his own advice, was it?:icon_scra

T

tryin2winM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL this post is hillarious! haha im not sure why he not there

loafes

loafes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not surprising to hear you say that.

"So from here I lose it a little bit and react in anger. I decide I just don't want to be there anymore so I ship my chips in blind from the button and get called by the small blind"
Daniel Negreanu

No, that was not tilting and failing to follow his own advice, was it?:icon_scra

The point is it was a reentry tournament and he may have been taking a shot at getting a lucky double up on the first level.

dd_decker

dd_decker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Comes down to the old adage..."All you need is a chip and a chair." He had the chip, guess he needed the chair.... :rolleyes:

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He sure has had questionable behavior at the table in the last year when doesn't get his way - what up with that? If he doesn't get a grip he's going to have to consult with Hellmuth on how to act with class and dignity.

D

dumpy620_84

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have to agree with an earlier post. I have played live and seen dealers be a whole lot more generous to me and my friends and we play for crumbs compared to what the pros play for. I guess the higher in stakes you play for the more tension that builds in the room for players and dealers alike.

B

belay raduga

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
standard follow no one denies - but in place of Negreanu, I would certainly thought - all the same 10K just throw away - Yes, and even great players sometimes fall into the tilt

))))

C

cleiton1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
THE BEST IS TO BE IN HIS CHAIR LIKE OTHER PLAYERS I THINK IT IS CORRECT !

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
THE BEST IS TO BE IN HIS CHAIR LIKE OTHER PLAYERS I THINK IT IS CORRECT !

And be treated like just another player? Come on - he's bigger than the game and shouldn't be subjected to that sort of treatment - :rolleyes:

R

RNG

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol, i saw a picture of him holding a seat so he's never away from his seat. As for the rule, i dont really like it. It should be last hand dealth and if you're not in your seat, your hand is dead. I understand people should be seated but if you're just talking to a friend while a hand is going on, you can easily miss it when the next hand is starting to be dealth.

S

stefffan1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I really admire Daniel Negreanu. He's one of my models in poker because he's from Romania and he succeded in poker. He is a very good player and I think he was right.