Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hello!🙋‍♀️💞
Dealers have a really hard job. 😱
Firstly, this is work, mainly in a standing position, and who, if not me, knows how harmful it is for our veins.
Secondly, it is monotonous work, which is also quite difficult.
In the end, we are pushed to the tables by the desire to have fun, to play, and we have some freedom of action, while the dealers just do their job.
Many hours of tournaments, in my opinion, are just hard labor for dealers, and I'm not surprised that some of them managed to fall asleep during the game. Mistakes are quite understandable, and it's good if the players are tolerant of them.😔

IADaveMark

IADaveMark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
In my $1000 Freezeout, I was easily the big stack at the table when we were leaving for the dinner break which was also the color-up time for the 100s. The floor came by and dropped a rack by my stack without a word, I nodded and he moved on. The dealer looked at me (seat 9) with her eyes wide in a fearful questioning look. She said something along the lines of "do you... know... ?"

I simply told her, "I've done this plenty. I've got this."

Now this was with about 25 minutes left in the level so we were in no real hurry. IIRC, the level was still 600/1200 so I couldn't take all the 100s from everyone just yet but I started paring down the larger stacks where people had 15+ of the blacks.

We had a lot of regs at our table so they knew the drill for the most part. But the dealer kept looking over like the rack of blacks was terrifying her for some reason. I never involved her at all throughout because I thought it would be awkward to have her run screaming out of the room.

Anyway, I pulled off all the increments of 5 just before we went on break. As I stood up, she leaned over to me and whispered, "can you stay here for the race off to make sure I do it right?" This was the voice of a small child asking a parent for help tying her shoes or something.

It was my turn to look a little startled but my almost instant reaction was, "Sure... absolutely I will stay." Thankfully, the floor walked over as she was fumbling through the middle of the process but I stuck around anyway.

This was yet another fantastic example of "dealer school involves more than learning how to deal cards."

N0rdm4nn

N0rdm4nn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
How are the dealers trained in the US? I come from germany and the german dealers have to go through a very long and hard process before they are allowed to deal at a table. I feel sorry for a dealer which works in an environment, where they are afraid of the floor. But on the other hand it shouldn't be the problem of the player.

IADaveMark

IADaveMark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
How are the dealers trained in the US? I come from Germany and the german dealers have to go through a very long and hard process before they are allowed to deal at a table. I feel sorry for a dealer which works in an environment, where they are afraid of the floor. But on the other hand it shouldn't be the problem of the player.
The question about how the dealers are trained in the US is kind of knocked askew by the massive need for dealers in Vegas during wsop. Remember that it isn't just WSOP events but also everything that is going on at Wynn, Venetian, Orleans, Aria, MGM, etc. There are 10s of thousands of poker players in town during those 2 months... many of whom are playing all day. That's just more dealers than are available. Many dealers from around the country come to Vegas to work during WSOP time but even then, the demand is greater than the supply. You are literally getting them right out of class in many cases.

WSOP