Matt Savage may ban face masks at his events

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This isn’t the first time World Poker Tour executive director and Tournament Directors Association founder Matt Savage, has attempted to gauge the community’s thoughts on accessories at the poker table. In 2017, he hosted an event at the California Poker Championships and banned everything from hoodies to cell phones. Since then, Savage had created a Facebook poll by Matt Savage which has ruled in favour of a ban on face masks such as the ones made famous by poker pro Phil Laak.
What are your thoughts?

Face Masks a Bad Look for Poker Say Savage Facebook Followers (VIDEO)

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not a fan of face masks or anything else that hides your face,,,as long as a poker decision doesn't take toooo long(should't be more than 5 mins),holding you're "poker face" is a big part of the game. :rolleyes: (nobody could beat me in a 'stare-off in school,lol,,i could burn a hole into the back of you're skull) :cool:

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I want to I should be able to show up in a Burka.

BnaD

BnaD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rules should be applied to what happens on the felt and how the players conduct themselves. Enforcing a dress code is going too far in my opinion. What's next? No spaghetti straps, no skirts, and shorts have the be below the knee? I would be happy if people boycotted events in which they tried to enforce rules of this nature.

B

BlazeinRuins

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
IDK man I always thought my poker face was dope but its too neutral. It creeps people out. My eyes unfocus and then my opponent just stares at me. I'm like, "bro, make your decision so I can get back to looking at stuff..." is the best poker face totally neutral or should I still be looking around and occasionally talking as some pros do?

D

Dontnonothin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This isn’t the first time World Poker Tour executive director and Tournament Directors Association founder Matt Savage, has attempted to gauge the community’s thoughts on accessories at the poker table. In 2017, he hosted an event at the California Poker Championships and banned everything from hoodies to cell phones. Since then, Savage had created a Facebook poll by Matt Savage which has ruled in favour of a ban on face masks such as the ones made famous by poker pro Phil Laak.
What are your thoughts?

Well I really see his point. The alternative is to play online, no face, not tells, everything anonymous.

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are your thoughts?

Definitely good for the game. Live reading ability is as much a part of poker as what you hold for cards where I'm from. I say go to war no glasses no masks just you and your opponent soul reading to the death. I go to the table with my patriots ball cap and my scruffy beard naked soul for the table to see lol. Good for Matt Savage hopefully other TD's follow suit.

J

jbear54321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Players shouldn't be allowed to wear masks. Part of the game is hiding your tells. It's also more entertaining to watch when you can see people's faces.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
What are your thoughts?

Would this be considered as a face mask Shell???

DSC_0535.jpg

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Would this be considered as a face mask Shell???

DSC_0535.jpg

LOL! For some that is daily makeup! Matt might think this would be too much, though. ;)

(Thanks for that, Nick - got my morning giggle :D)

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
LOL! For some that is daily makeup! Matt might think this would be too much, though. ;)

(Thanks for that, Nick - got my morning giggle :D)
In case you don't know who that is.

It is CCer Carl Trooper.

f613c3d41126ab8e77b0ac27bf48710b.png

RutgersOneTime

RutgersOneTime

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just think if you start doing things like this it can get out of hand quickly. How do we draw the line?

bbennie1

bbennie1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sunglasses should be where the line is drawn, due to the lights. It can really affect your eyes. A baseball cap is OK because some guys are embarrassed about their hair, but hoodies and face masks are only used to give themselves an advantage.
It's also great that a CEO makes a poll, which allows people to their voices to be heard.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Back in the old west, you may have been shot for wearing a mask at the table.
If you feel the need to wear a mask at the poker table, please go home and play online.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that wearing masks should be prohibited. There should be equal opportunities for everyone. online poker is for those who do not like showing their faces live. Someone can make special tournaments in which everyone will have a funny mask - then it will be fair and cheerful :)

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not a fan of masks and therefore I do not like someone who covers his face in poker. Since poker is a game of not only cards but also emotions. I still agree with the masks, but I do not agree with the fact that mobile phones are prohibited. I really want to try myself in an offline online tournament and win my first million dollars.
maxresdefault-1.jpg

W

whosdaboss25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think glasses at the table is ok but waring a mask at the table mask at the table is a big NO to me. If you are that easy to read you shouldn't be playing poker to begin with that is my view.
If you wear you emotions on your shoulders and can't keep a straight face for 3-5 minutes while someone is trying to make a decision than you don't need to be playing live poker anyway. No mask will help you hide your tells either will sunglasses sorry bro your just to easy to read because your emotions tell it all. They give your game away go back and learn how to control yourself then come back to the tables and maybe your luck will change.

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't even know why this needs to be discussed.

Masks are bad for the game. :rolleyes:

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a game, and it is supposed to be fun. If it isn't cheating or slowing the game down, then it should not be banned.

John Turnner

John Turnner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is also a very interesting topic for an argument.
You can argue endlessly. I think everything is simple, when people want confidentiality, they will no longer attend offline tournaments, they will only play online.
Playing "face to face" with your opponents is why people play offline. And Phil Laak is a clown. Managing stress, controlling one's behavior is a problem for everyone personally. To put on a mask means to ignore the problem and not work on yourself.
I think that people who wear masks are not self-confident people and villains. If someone begins to give examples of superheroes ... here's the answer: they are fictional, dot.)))

V

vwpokernut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As long as peoples' hands are above the table I don't mind....yah know what I'm sayin

Jilty

Jilty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely no full face masks, and possibly ski goggles. People are going to be trying to get around that a lot and will end up getting oversized glasses, then someone will need to be inspecting everyone but I guess if they're strict on it people will only bring normal glasses and they'll understand that they won't be playing if they bring silly glasses.