D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Just catching up with some podcasts and one was Marc Maron interviewing Gabe Kaplan.

I presume most will know Gabe Kaplan through his long standing poker commentary (he commentates the latest Poker After Dark series on PokerGo) and will have some knowledge he was a TV star and national comic before concentrating on poker.

Marc Maron concentrates on the showbiz part of his career and it is fascinating- Kaplan created and starred in Welcome Back Kotter which launched John Travolta’s career.

Well worth a listen if you want a clear idea of how Kaplan got from A to B to then poker and he and Marc have a great rapport throughout. From the end of May…

http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episode-1229-gabe-kaplan

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Welcome back....

Mr. Kotter & Vinnie Barbarino

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Welcome back....

Mr. Kotter & Vinnie Barbarino

Yeah!

I only had a vague idea of his history and it is fascinating. He left school/college early then worked as a comic in strip clubs, coffee shops then the college circuit before ending up opening in Vegas (where his interest in poker began) for the likes of Ann Margret and guesting on Johnny Carson...then on to hit national TV shows.

Quite the ride!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yeah!

I only had a vague idea of his history and it is fascinating. He left school/college early then worked as a comic in strip clubs, coffee shops then the college circuit before ending up opening in Vegas (where his interest in poker began) for the likes of Ann Margret and guesting on Johnny Carson...then on to hit national TV shows.

Quite the ride!

For those who knew him from 'Welcome Back Kotter' (myself included), it was very surprising to see him commentating some of the poker shows on TV. Hadn't seen or heard of him for over 30yrs. and then "Wow! There's Mr. Kah-terrrrr".