Liya Novikova died on June 12, what do you think about this?

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Liya Novikova died on June 12, what do you think about this?
I still can not believe that it is no more.
This is a professional poker player.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's sad when young people leave this world.
I often spoke with her on Instagram on poker.
I am very sorry that everything happens in life.
the kingdom of heaven and peace to her soul

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know much about her death. But everything they say in the news looks like an accident. This is terrible

guineasqueak

guineasqueak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
She was a public figure recognized in many poker venues not just in Russia, but around the world. But in Russia, is where she stayed, lived and worked. I hope this was an accident, but I don't think it's crazy to assume a conspiracy theory. In Russia, many things are possible.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Such sad news, I read about it earlier in the week.
RIP

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I red it in the news, it is always sad when young person dies

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was a tragic accident - would love to hear more details so that other accidents like this can be prevented in the future but they are being very vague about it so far.

All we know is it was electrocution and involved her blow dryer and the bathtub.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shame such a young life,thoughts with her family.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Very sad... I just don't know how an accident like this can happen. It was a preventable tragedy that should never happen to anyone. :(

N

Nomahoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its hard to believe in this day and age people do not understand the danger of appliances ( including laptops ) and water. Not sure about a plugged in phone but I wouldnt test it out. I guess in Russia they dont have GFI yet?

The only electrical allowed in my bathroom is my razor. I make my kids dry their hair in the bedroom.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its hard to believe in this day and age people do not understand the danger of appliances ( including laptops ) and water. Not sure about a plugged in phone but I wouldnt test it out. I guess in Russia they dont have GFI yet?

The only electrical allowed in my bathroom is my razor. I make my kids dry their hair in the bedroom.
Exactly. How does an intelligent person with a degree in engineering allow an electric hair dryer to get anywhere near a bathtub? Makes no sense.

nera75

nera75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
woe !!!!!!!!!!!! The bright memory of a kind and cheerful girl! Condolences to relatives and friends!

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We are not eternal and everything happens often suddenly.
we must value those who are with us and cherish them. because when it is all over and every minute, hour is very expensive and important for us.
need to learn to forgive, put up after quarrels.

throughstruggle

throughstruggle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it's sad. Condolences to relatives and friends.

millya5

millya5

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It was a tragic accident - would love to hear more details so that other accidents like this can be prevented in the future but they are being very vague about it so far.

All we know is it was electrocution and involved her blow dryer and the bathtub.

There is an iron rule! no electrics should be in the bathroom! because in the bathroom steam and condensation! is the cause of the accident ....

C

curiplop

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was not a great player, I was a poker pro team, but not anymore. Anyway, any loss is a pity

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Tragic accident , to die like this makes me very sad . Elecrocuted in her bath , so hard to believe , and so young she passed away :( . R.I.P Novikova

Tvorets

Tvorets

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably, she was putting the hair dryer and its poor insulation by passing a current through the body, and wet hair only made the situation worse. Now this is the main version of the death of the young stars of online poker.

R.I.P.

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
could be everything fr accident to fixed for some reason. Thing is we cannot assume that it is fixed just because someone died. If you bathe and constantly have electronics with you close to the water, then it is dangerous. If Liya´s family notes she never does that for example, then it would be fishy. But so far news has been sparse and silent as to more details.

Wish her a peaceful continuing journey...

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Very sad that such a young girl leave this world, peace to his soul and strength to their families

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I heard about this the day it happened. I followed here on Instagram and Twitch. Such a terrible thing to happen to such a young live.

Really tragic, thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends and the Russian poker community