Leo Margets: "The day they proclaimed me the world champion of poker was very sad"

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Leo Margets: "The day they proclaimed me the world champion of poker was very sad"

Women who play poker professionally do not reach 5%. It's cultural. Men and women like different things. You have to accept it, nothing happens. The day they proclaimed me world champion was very sad. In that tournament there were 26 men to beat and they did not let me continue. They give you a title called The Last Standing Woman, which seems to me as absurd as saying "the last redhead standing". If you are competitive like me, it makes you angry. I even cried. But I do not want to be cynical either: the truth is that the title changed my life.

AcooltartA

AcooltartA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Women definitely don't get the respect they deserve at the poker tables. I can remember numerous times that my wife and I played a tourney where it was blatantly obvious guys were trying to bully her just because she is a woman. The funny thing, though, is that she can actually play so to see her take the guys out who were trying to bully her was a thing of beauty lmfao!!!!!

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
They didn’t let you continue? That’s insane!!!