Last Call -- The story of @Patrik_Antonius pt. 1 (with English subtitles!)

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Stories include:
- Turning 200€ into tens of millions
- Owning everyone at PLO potting ~every hand
- Early days working odd jobs as a teenager
- An @ikepoker cameo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOQIOYDwCZ8
(why this not open here?)

Thanks hutzpaf, the link is good as shown above (just cut and paste) and then you see there is actually a part one also. Can't wait to watch both!

hutzpaf

hutzpaf

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks hutzpaf, the link is good as shown above (just cut and paste) and then you see there is actually a part one also. Can't wait to watch both!

I switched browsers - now Firefox

LAST CALL - Pokeridokumentti | Episode 1: Teenage Millionaire | English subtitles

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hutzpaf, have now watched both episodes and absolutely loved them.

The first episode with Dan Tolppanen and Jens Kyllonen was great as well as the Patrik Antonius episode which followed. Interesting to see Dan Tolppanen is one of the producers who then interviewed Antonius (I presume because of his entrepenurial background with music etc) so I am curious...are there going to be further episodes, is it a series?

Anyways excellent stuff and thanks for bringing it to the forum attention!

hutzpaf

hutzpaf

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so I am curious...are there going to be further episodes, is it a series?
In the third episode, the story of Patrik continues..so at least one more episode is coming.
I don't know how many episodes will be.

In addition to Dan and Jens, Patrik Antonius and Dara O’Kearney star in the first production season.

Last edited:
D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
In the third episode, the story of Patrik continues..so at least one more episode is coming.
I don't know how many episodes will be.

In addition to Dan and Jens, Patrik Antonius and Dara O’Kearney star in the first production season.

Excellent! I can't wait.

One really funny moment was when Patrick Antonius was describing first meeting Ilari Sahamies and Patrik said ' he was quite a loudmouth...' and Dan without a beat said he still is! Had me laughing out loud.

So much has changed since that era but it must have been a blast to progress through the ranks in the early days of online. The story of Antonius and Kyllonen's ascent to the nosebleed limits is astonishing and well worth watching.

Last edited:
antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I have bookmarked the Patrick Antonius episode , going to watch it later , I love Patrick Antonius , thank you for the link :)

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Glad they added subtitles, on another forum the producer of these videos "Chuck Bass" said they would release a version in english, but perhaps he only meant "closed captioning"... but even that will be good enough I guess, I subscribed to the channel as soon as I found out about these interesting videos.

Edit: yes there won't be english language versions, I guess I misinterpreted, his exact quote is "English version will follow approximately 2-3 weeks later." so if there's no closed captions in English yet, just wait a few weeks and check back then.

P.S. Just watched Episode 1... and it was outstanding. What an excellent production, even if it was only just two people talking about their poker experiences... the Finnish people really do have something special about them... much respect and admiration... and also note... Jens Kyllönen began his poker career by playing in freerolls, just like us. :D

Last edited:
D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Part 3 of the Pokerdokumentti 'Last Call' is now online but they have not yet subtitled in English. It's the second half of the Patrik Antonius interview.

Here's the link so you can check back as to when it gets subtitled...

hutzpaf

hutzpaf

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
English subtitles ready for 3 episodes. :icon_thum

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
English subtitles ready for 3 episodes. :icon_thum

Just watched Part 3, the second part of the Patrik Antonius interview. Another excellent episode.

Obviously Antonius is a fluent English speaker but there is just something about two Finns talking to each other that produces a really nice, open relaxed conversation. Tolppanan is a good interviewer and he certainly 'revealed' more to us about Antonius than anyone else I am aware of, so well done.

Can't wait for the next installment!

hutzpaf

hutzpaf

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Global Poker Awards Nominees

Best Media Content Video
  • Paul Graydon and Andrew Neeme: The Villian Who Stole Christmas
  • Last Call Pokeridokumentii
  • Jeff Platt: Stand Up for Me, Please!
  • Remko Rinkema: Run it Back with Stephanie Ungar
  • Run it Once: Meet the Jungleman
This is finland's first nomination ever :icon_thum

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Global Poker Awards Nominees

Best Media Content Video
  • Paul Graydon and Andrew Neeme: The Villian Who Stole Christmas
  • Last Call Pokeridokumentii
  • Jeff Platt: Stand Up for Me, Please!
  • Remko Rinkema: Run it Back with Stephanie Ungar
  • Run it Once: Meet the Jungleman
This is Finland's first nomination ever :icon_thum

And deservedly so.

I have a feeling that Andrew Neeme's The Villain Who Stole Christmas will win (interesting collaboration as Neeme recently explained on poker news)...but... I would be so happy if Pokerdokumentii won!

hutzpaf

hutzpaf

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Last Call -- Season 2 | Trailer​

First episodes will come out at the end of summer!

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

Last Call -- Season 2 | Trailer​

First episodes will come out at the end of summer!
Really happy to hear this, as I enjoyed the first series as much as anything else I have watched regarding poker in a long while! Can't wait!

hutzpaf

hutzpaf

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

LAST CALL Season 2 | Official trailer (English)​

Season two of the acclaimed poker documentary series takes us on a trip behind the scenes of the world of high stakes poker.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patrik Antonius didn't believe in a bluff with the last ace on the river. It's just that Mustafov at that moment could not convince his opponent of the strength of his hand.

hutzpaf

hutzpaf

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patrik Antonius didn't believe in a bluff with the last ace on the river. It's just that Mustafov at that moment could not convince his opponent of the strength of his hand.
His ability to "read" the opponent is incredible.
:):)

heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Even it is quite stantard play, this is guaranteed clik bait material repesenting by pate. River decicion is difficult and intresting because its about your whole tourment. There is too many bluffs at opponents range into that board and this time calling continues Patriks tourney, which he ends up winning :love: Go Pate! Wondering how many times he has been kicked out of the tournament by decicions like this :)