D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I just thought it was important to give Kristin Bicknell a shout out for her $25K NLH Poker Masters win.

I am aware that Kristin and other players feel trapped between a rock and a hard place regarding women in poker - they'd prefer to simply be treated as another player, but at the same time know they have to 'represent' whether they like it or not.

Kristin handles the spotlight with good grace and is a fierce competitor. Kristin and Maria Lampropolus appear to be setting a new confident pace for women in the game and I sincerely hope they will encourage (by accident or design) many more women into the game!

Well played Kristin!

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Thanks Shells!

This win topped a good fortnight for Bicknell, as the previous week she final tabled the WPT Montreal (5th) with Kelly Minkin (7th) out of a starting field of 1,109.

She holds her own against everyone.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thanks Shells!

This win topped a good fortnight for Bicknell, as the previous week she final tabled the WPT Montreal (5th) with Kelly Minkin (7th) out of a starting field of 1,109.

She holds her own against everyone.

I've never watched her play (maybe I oughta take a peek?:)) but she has to be doing something right to finish as well as she has!

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for pointing that out. Women are still a minority in poker, so every successfull female player will encourage other, I hope.
Congrats, Kristin!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This was a great and well deserved win for her!

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

with a balloon to the moon
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This was a great and well deserved win for her!

Have you seen the Stream on Pokergo? Me not because i dont have the Membership and had other things to do. She seems to be a nice and cool Person from what i have seen from her in some other Streams and appears friendly at the Table. Looks like she is crushing lately.

gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have you seen the Stream on Pokergo? Me not because i dont have the Membership and had other things to do. She seems to be a nice and cool Person from what i have seen from her in some other Streams and appears friendly at the Table. Looks like she is crushing lately.

Deserved win, she play very well doing a tight game.
You can see her playing at youtube recorded tournys or at pokerstars like "krissyb24" in HS games.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

with a balloon to the moon
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Deserved win, she play very well doing a tight game.
You can see her playing at youtube recorded tournys or at pokerstars like "krissyb24" in HS games.

Ok nice, thank you for the tip:five: For sure im going to watch that Channel sooner or later. Also i can highly recommend Triton Series if you want to consume any high-level Poker. They offer both Cash Games and Tournaments to watch for free. Very good Content. Actually one of the best in Years. Cheers.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]There is a WPT Montreal Final Table (5 hour) live stream available on YouTube for those that want to catch a glance of Bicknell’s play.

However,a nicer introduction might be her interview with everyone’s favorite vlogger Andrew Neeme, “Grinder to Super High Roller:Kristen Bicknell”. It's 15 minutes only - they are long-term friends and Andrew points out just a couple of years before they were grinding together in Bellagio, Las Vegas...such has been her rise she is now regularly playing high rollers.

One thing which appears to have benefitted both Bicknell and Lampropolus (who won the PCA 2018 and regularly final tables many events) is the fact they both have had long-standing relationships with serious poker players -there has not been quite the same push and pull about embracing poker and the lifestyle entailed as others might face.

In Lampropolus's case she was partnered with Ivan Luca (though I think they might have now split) and Kristin Bicknell is partners with Alex Foxen, who of course has also been crushing himself in recent years.

To put both in context, Lampropolus has already accumulated live earnings of $3,199,995 and Bicknell $4,583,329 (plus on line$1,726,580) both are going to be forces to be contended with on any future poker stage.[/FONT]

[/FONT]

Last edited: