Just in -- CBS Sports network is the new home for the WSOP Main Event.

blkmoney12

blkmoney12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Last edited by a moderator:
B

bla1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is great! Looks like they're also including coverage of non-main events (I'm assuming Big 1:1, Player's Championship and any other high rollers on the schedule).
Is it free?

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it free?

Good question, I'm not sure if CBS Sports is included with all basic cable packages. You might want to check your current cable package in advance.

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is good news, but I hope CBS doesn't give Cary Katz a chance to flash his wad o'cash at them and steal the "minor" events away to his streaming service like he did with ESPN a few years ago.

Make Poker Great Again!! Keep the telecasts free!!

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looking forward to seeing all the different bracelet events and final tables like ESPN used to do. The last couple years they just were broadcasting the main event.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh no! This is not good. CBS Sports is a premium channel that I don't have access to. I did have ESPN in my plan. I have been looking for other alternatives, but has anyone found a cheap or free way to watch it on CBS Sports?

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not sure if this network is a free one or a pay add on.

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its kindof a downgrade
and a sign of poker interest declining
because cbs is usually not the place to go to

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
its kindof a downgrade
and a sign of poker interest declining
because cbs is usually not the place to go to

Yes, this is sort of how I see it.

I am tired of raising the issue of PokerGo's paywall being detrimental for poker - people just do not seem to care.

However, the general public's access to poker coverage has now diminished to an enormous degree (especially historical content such as prior WSOPs) and I think this reflects ESPNs disinterest to continue with poker coverage. People have knocked the CBS link but it's yet to shown the level of enthusiasm they will bring to the project.

Its ironic, there is a pent up demand within the poker community to get back to live play, but I believe this only reflects the established community and am not sure that poker is growing in any meaningful way. In the interim, the industry just seems to have lazily let Cary Katz infiltrate every corner of poker content

WSOP Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars Organize a Home Poker Game