Joe Biden may help Online Poker in the USA

A

allinsplash

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ITS ABOUT TIME WE GET THIS DONE BRICK AND MORTAR IS A THING OF THE PAST:pcguru::pcguru::pcguru::pcguru::pcguru::pcguru::pcguru::pcguru:

W

wpilson70

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It has been said that Joe Biden does not agree with the Justice Department's interpretation of the Wire Act. So, it is possible the Biden administration may reverse the decision that put interstate online poker at a standstill.

Interstate Online Poker Could Flourish Under Biden

I thought Harry Reid was supposed to be the Golden Saviour to make this all come together.

Didn’t happen.

Honest question. What’s so different this time around?

S

steve420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would be great if it were legalized and I'm glad to hear there is some movement on that front. It's been a long time coming but I hope they can get it passed.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm sure he'll get right on that after he forgives everyone's student debt, legalizes weed and cures cancer.

Last edited:
Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thought Harry Reid was supposed to be the Golden Saviour to make this all come together.

Didn’t happen.

Honest question. What’s so different this time around?

What is different this time is that Sheldon Adelson is no longer lobbying against regulated online poker.

We will see if that is enough for the pro-poker lobbyists to gain some momentum.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
What is different this time is that Sheldon Adelson is no longer lobbying against regulated online poker.

We will see if that is enough for the pro-poker lobbyists to gain some momentum.

Well, Miriam Adelson just flew Mike Pence to Israel on her private jet so she is definitely maintaining the Adelson political agenda.

Regarding this piece - it is over a year old and it in return refers back to the law which was 'clarified' three years prior to that during the Trump administration. So far, no one in a federal capacity has moved and I do not expect them to. All they have to do to get some credit points is say they agree with the legal ruling.

Progress will arrive through individual states, I believe, with the federal government remaining out of the fray.

jrgum25

jrgum25

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This would be amazing if he did that. I miss playing for money on pokerstars so this would be a welcome change.

emejota23

emejota23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The truth is, I don't have much knowledge of whether the US president can help improve online poker, but if he really does, it would be good for US players to play at pokerstars again.:D

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I can only welcome such an initiative. But perhaps I do not know the details of why American players are prohibited from playing poker for money.

C

Clutchdenier

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It would be fantastic to get a bunch of extra players in the scene - who can say no to larger prizepools?

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would be nice, but to rely on Brandon for anything seems like a long shot.

Because every previous president was so much more helpful for you, right??? I'm not American, but he's your current best shot, so give him a chance. If he succeeds, great, if not, he's the same as the rest before him.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It has been said that Joe Biden does not agree with the Justice Department's interpretation of the Wire Act. So, it is possible the Biden administration may reverse the decision that put interstate online poker at a standstill.

I thought he was more interested in playing Russian roulette. And lining his pockets with RMB through his son.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
o boy just what we need more aggessive players, rusians are bad enough.

C

Chase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So Biden is good for online poker and Trump is bad for online poker. Think about that Republicans in 2024, that is unless you're in a Republican state that has significantly restricted voting in Presidential elections.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Reminding everyone that this article was first posted a year ago (January 2021) and a lot has happened in the world since then. I'm pretty much suggesting that online poker in the USA may not be a priority right now.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hopefully the more the deficit grows the more likely they are to make poker legal on a federal level to gain tax revenues.

C

Chase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hopefully the more the deficit grows the more likely they are to make poker legal on a federal level to gain tax revenues.
Kind of a roundabout way to get there I think, and not really a desirable one either.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
States joining other states in a player pool is one step towards combining them all into the world player pool.
Come on USA, I just want access to a few extra cardschat freerolls and events across other popular poker sites :)

pocketace222

pocketace222

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really hope they make changes to the law in the USA 🇺🇸 . How sad is it that they can't play online poker, if they were able to play it would add 20% or more players to every poker site and that's only a good thing. Fingers crossed 🤞🏻