Jason Koon is the High Stakes Duel III Champ!

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Jason Koon is the champ simply because no one stepped up with $1.6 million to challenge him after his win against Phil Hellmuth. Hellmuth or anyone else with $1.6 million to put up, had 30 days to come forth and propose the challenge to Jason. Because no one did challenge Jason, he then wins the High Stakes Duel III sponsored by PokerGO.

He’s the first player not named Phil Hellmuth to win the High Stakes Duel belt.

The breakdown of how this series occurred can be found here >>> With No Challenger, Jason Koon Wins $1.6 Million on High Stakes Duel

koon-high-stakes-duel-champ-800x800.jpeg

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That’s awesome. Not surprised that there were no challengers opting to pony up the 1.6 million dollars. Congratulations to Jason Koon. . Definitely one of my favorites.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
few people in the world are ready to play heads-up at such stakes)! congratulations Jason

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
That’s awesome. Not surprised that there were no challengers opting to pony up the 1.6 million dollars. Congratulations to Jason Koon. . Definitely one of my favorites.
Yes, the format sucked.

Likeable bloke

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$1.6 million is a huge amount for a HU entry, I think even for a poker pro.
Congrats to Jason Koon, nice belt! (y)

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.It would have been really risky for any high stake player to pay that entry and also against a solid cash game player like Koon.Congratulations to the champion

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Good morning.It would have been really risky for any high stake player to pay that entry and also against a solid cash game player like Koon.Congratulations to the champion

Wouldn't matter if Mickey Mouse was your opponent.

You're risking 1.6 to win 1.6
Micky mouse risks 800 to win 3.2