Jamie Golds 2006 WSOP Bracelet - Sold For $65,725!

Reptar7

Reptar7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wasn't Gold a millionaire tv producer before winning the main event? I just don't see him being broke.

W

Weissr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't understand why anyone would want to buy a wsop bracelet. The whole idea/ prestige is that you won it.

Reptar7

Reptar7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't understand why anyone would want to buy a WSOP bracelet. The whole idea/ prestige is that you won it.

Rich people just want to see the thing up close and own a part of history. I wouldn't pay for it, but it would be kind of a cool thing to have in a case at your house.

W

Weissr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rich people just want to see the thing up close and own a part of history. I wouldn't pay for it, but it would be kind of a cool thing to have in a case at your house.

I dunno, I guess I see it differently. Having a bracelet displayed that you won is ridiculously legit, showing a great accomplishment and something you worked hard for and acheived where very few others ever have.

Displaying one you bought has no meaning at all, and the meaning is everything. I think it's also because poker is such an individual game and doesn't have the appeal that athletic sports do. Ie: Buying a superbowl ring from a team you like and followed would have more appeal I think.

Don't know if I really made my point or not, but hopefully you get what I'm trying to say.

left52side

left52side

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as stated above this doesnt come as a suprise to me at all, i never really cared for the guy and never thought he was a good player.. i know he won the main event but just in general doesnt seem like a nice guy to me.
So really doesnt matter to me why he sold it lol.

IM deusXmachina

IM deusXmachina

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BubbleGumTurbo;2163114 Jamie Gold said in an interview earlier this summer that he didn't sell the bracelet because he wanted to. Apparently it was due to a legal issue which he couldn't talk about said:
So this probably has something to do with the individual he must still owe money to who staked him? Or he is broke and in arrears on a ton of OTHER bills...that's what it sounds like to me.
:2h4:

D

DirtyTommyD

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Aw poor Jamie golds must be on hard times.

M

murrdog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
absolutely amazing....im certain this means he needs the money. A player with his ego would certainly not want to lose the presteige of owning a bracelet. The word of mouth would be too emabarrassing if he were still in the game. ...not to mention this guy got abused in the hsp games...

S

slimbooo101

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it aint worth 5 cents . melt it down and make some teeth out of it .

Michael Paler

Michael Paler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So Helmuth probably doesn't need to play poker,
he can make a living just from selling some of his bracelets.

I heard an announcer mention that Hellmouth has given away every bracelet he won to friends and family.

The Main Event one this year cost an insane 1/2 mill. Wonder what Golds 2k6 cost to make?

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So Jamie Gold is actually broke after winning that insane amount of money, Now that's a shame

Michael Paler

Michael Paler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So Jamie Gold is actually broke after winning that insane amount of money, Now that's a shame

Is he married and getting a divorce maybe? I have often wondered if you have to liquidate valuable baubles awarded in your pro career when you do, in order to give the ex a 50-50 split of your possessions.

Or yes, he could just be broke and/or owes people staking money he borrowed.

Either way, it really is sad.:(

J

jimmylytle2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some of the metals in that bracelet would make several nice grills :D :D :D

kisago21

kisago21

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Would like to hear more about your experiences about the type of person he is, please do divulge!

M

Magneto

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always thought you can not sell or offer bracelets in online

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is he married and getting a divorce maybe? I have often wondered if you have to liquidate valuable baubles awarded in your pro career when you do, in order to give the ex a 50-50 split of your possessions.

Or yes, he could just be broke and/or owes people staking money he borrowed.

Either way, it really is sad.:(

Dude, the guy is a total tool, and he is an awful awful player. I would be surprised if he WASN'T broke. I don't know how he won the ME. He must have sold his soul to the devil.

D

durrsfriend1

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel bad for him, almost. Ego > $12mill = $65,000 goldbracelet head scratch

ChipEaterMan

ChipEaterMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jamie Gold's read abilities are amazing

S

squeeze10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
selling the bracelet, you have 6 entries more to main event lol haha

K

kyndlyon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm not surprised. his game never impressed me.

R

rahina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He must be broke.I would not sell my bracelet.

WSOP