It's ON! Negreanu vs Polk - Updates and Discussions!

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, Negreyan is the best player, he reads opponents very well.

Negreanu

Last edited by a moderator:
dartwind

dartwind

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks. I think I will add this link to the first post.

If there are other free streams to watch, please post here and I will add them to the first post too (providing they do not advertise anything)

The other free stream is on the GGPoker Youtube channel-

https://www.youtube.com/c/GGPoker

-the match appears here just before it is streamed. There is also an interview with Daniel after the match here, at least there was last time.

Thanks Shells!

K

Kenorgcom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's ON! Negreanu vs Polk - Updates and Chat!

Go Polk

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow, this really favors Doug since he is an online player vs Dnegs being live.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it over? Dan was leading after the live event but I think Doug coming back online
Doesn’t seem like they hate each other on the live event. Rooting for DNegs causes he’s Canadian. Doug seems full of himself and thinks he’s the best.

T

Tomiveres

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it over? Dan was leading after the live event but I think Doug coming back online
Doesn’t seem like they hate each other on the live event. Rooting for DNegs causes he’s Canadian. Doug seems full of himself and thinks he’s the best.

Actually Daniel Negreanu has romanian blood , his parrents are romanians but he was born in canada .
I think Doug Polk will win this chalange , as much I want Daniel Negreanu to win this i dont think will win , Doug has way more online experience then Daniel .

C

chalghaf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live, Dneg's got the tells.

The first round of hands in the Daniel vs Doug Headsup Match were underway last night.

What was your biggest takeaway from this first meeting?
And were you entertained?

Competitive Opening Session of Heads-Up Grudge Match

Streams you can watch from...
https://upswingpoker.com/hu4grudge/
https://www.youtube.com/c/GGPoker

if this was live poker Daniel would smash Doug no doubt in my mind about it .
but since it online i believe doug gonna come out victorious , Daniel strongest skill will not be in use for online so he is at a disadvantage , although i hope he comes out on top :)

either way they both will provide some fun content for us for the next couple of months !

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Even if a lot of people say they are surprised Daniel accept this battle and don't give Negreanu a big chance, I think that he can overturn the predictions and won this duel even if the format is much better known to a shark, like it is Polk on heads UP.

Pichman189

Pichman189

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thing Negreanu should win! Maybe Polk more experience in online poker but not in poker at whole.

J

Jutt315

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow

tonight is round 3 and after round 2 i hope DNegs is ready for a bettter sission.

4give4live

4give4live

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never liked a Negreanu. And nut because he is Romanian, and even nuut because he is romanian poker player :D So, forward America! Ma-i-a hiiiiii!

Last edited:
pothead2012

pothead2012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2 brutal online sessions for Mr. Negreanu ran into some unlucky spots , for the moment it seems that the cards favour Mr. Polk..........From a gameplay perspective i think both of them play pretty good game which makes it hard to say how it will go out in the end....at this time i would say both deserve to win but Polk is clearly in his element plus running pretty good

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Never liked a Negreanu. And nut because he is Romanian, and even nuut because he is romanian poker player :D So, forward America! Ma-i-a hiiiiii!

Daniel has never been to Romania let alone born there he is a Canadian! From Canada!

dartwind

dartwind

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doug's technique has been excellent. I bet when he bets big after Daniel shows weakness he is bluffing most of the time and it's working. Mix that with checking out of position with a winning hand so that when Daniel checks back and sees the monster trap it makes DNegs afraid to bluff.

I'm hoping Daniel can find a way to fight back.

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Polk played the online session in a small plus.

C

chalghaf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i just wish we could watch it knowing what both of them have in their hands , or atleast one . i know that aint happening but a man can dream lol

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like Negreanu to win. that would be fair. The regiment was initially a clear favorite, such a bet does not decorate it.
I hope Negreanu will approach the next sessions very professionally, like chess players in similar duels, and show a strategy that will put Polk at a standstill.